IGNORED

Yankees Sweep The Red Sox 5-0.

sirscrumpton

Superb series win for the Yankees which puts us 6 and a half games up on the Red Sox. It also clinches the season series 10-5 if it comes down to a tie.

Both ball pens must be knackered. Kudos must go to the Yankees for the sheer number of walks that they drew over the 5 games, although the Red Sox pitchers didn't exactly help matters.

Que replies saying who cares it's an American sport :rolleyes:

The Yankees' sweep of the Sox has definetly made the AL East look sown up for the Bronx Bombers, but anything can happen in baseball. Boston's rotation simply isn't good enough, Beckett is erratic, Johnson is awful and the rookie (Lester i think) has been poor in the last few starts and its only really Schilling that is a solid starter. The Yankees seem to have sorted out their pitching, Wang and Mussina have been excellent all year and now Randy and Lidle look decent.

My team, the Giants struggled big time last month but we look to be turning it around, 6-2 in the last 8, with Lowry and Schmidt looking dominant at the plate. I hope the Giants make it to the post-season but i doubt they will.

I said at the start of the year, on this very forum, that the Mets would be World Champions, but i now think the Yanks look a good bet, especially as they are due a win (last in 2000), so either way it looks to me like the World Champions will be from New York this year.

it looks to me like the World Champions will be from New York this year.

This always amazes me because i fail to see how any one can be a World Champion when the competion is only in the USA.

A bit like saying Brisbane are the World Champions in Australian Rules Football :dunno::dunno:

Guest MaloneFM

If one may intercede at this point Anthony.

It was originally sponsored by the Daily World newspaper and was hoped to go on to become a rival for the world cup so in its infancy was named the world series.

But as well all know know its just a pile of old smelly knickers.

If one may intercede at this point Anthony.

It was originally sponsored by the Daily World newspaper and was hoped to go on to become a rival for the world cup so in its infancy was named the world series.

But as well all know know its just a pile of old smelly knickers.

Thank you Mr Malone for sharing your wisdom in this matter.

I must say that I am not a Baseball fan, however, my Son & I took in a game during our recent holiday in America and I must say had a very good evening out. Beer allowed in your seat, edible food & cheerleaders with........................lets just say everything in the right place. If only we could do something similar at Ashton Gate.

Large Anthony

This always amazes me because i fail to see how any one can be a World Champion when the competion is only in the USA.

I agree that it does no credit for North American sports to go around calling themselves "World Champions" when they only play each other. Saying that, I'd like to see anyone else in the world have a go at beating them!!

A bit like saying Brisbane are the World Champions in Australian Rules Football :dunno::dunno:

But they aint. Sydney are!

Up the Yanks and Up the Crows.

I couldn't remember. Old age setting in.

Sorry mate, I'm a Port fan. Go the Power!

Get back on the gabbagool Tone, it doeswonders for the memory!

As for the Port, well we see what happens after tonights game. Ya teal-shirted bunch of ferals!!

As for the Port, well we see what happens after tonights game. Ya teal-shirted bunch of ferals!!

Should be a good game although I think you lot will edge it. You stuffed us last time. Nothing like a sell out at Football Park (or AAMI Stadium if you prefer) for atmosphere.

Should be a good game although I think you lot will edge it. You stuffed us last time. Nothing like a sell out at Football Park (or AAMI Stadium if you prefer) for atmosphere.

I hope so!

We are the better side this year, but we are in nasty run of form AND Port do have a nasty habit of raising it for the derby game. Would love to be there tonight.

Footy park is no "G", but its still a awesome place to watch sport.

I hope so!

We are the better side this year, but we are in nasty run of form AND Port do have a nasty habit of raising it for the derby game. Would love to be there tonight.

Footy park is no "G", but its still a awesome place to watch sport.

Do you get there often?

Us Ferals do the business. Just been talking to my Nephew in Adelaide (Crows fan) who was at the game and apparently a good match. Hopefully bodes well for Port for next season.

Archived