IGNORED

Positives

billybob

Reading the various postings, I can understand how people get hacked off with the negative comments, the supposed constant moaning etc.

However, we must face reality.

Brian Tinnion turned a competitive side into a dispirited rabble, and was astonished at the reception granted to Danny Wilson. He should not have been.

Gary Johnson, after a very shaky start last year, obtained some fine results, but with nothing to show for them. He has now had a good run at the job, and frankly, he ain't up to it. The side he seems to be attempting to assemble resembles nothing more that a typical Conference team. He is in complete denial regarding the Stewart affair, which must be costing the club an absolute fortune. He opted for Basso over Phillips for personal reasons, and the club is now paying the price. The league table does not lie. Over the past 5 years, statistics show that you cannot afford to lose more than an average of 8 games for automatic promotion and 13 for a play off place. We have already lost 3 out of 4. And the manager seems happy to take positives from a defeat by a team with infinitely fewer resources - the mind boggles.

I appreciate that the Chairman is a real fan and genuinely wants what is best for the club, but he has to admit sooner rather than later that he has made a catastrophic mistake in handing the job to Mr Johnson.

If this is deemed another moaning rant then so be it, but how much longer are those 'positive' fans going to continue with their blind faith?

Reading the various postings, I can understand how people get hacked off with the negative comments, the supposed constant moaning etc.

However, we must face reality.

Brian Tinnion turned a competitive side into a dispirited rabble, and was astonished at the reception granted to Danny Wilson. He should not have been.

To be fair I think it was under Wilson the drinking culture and indiscipline started to build

Archived