IGNORED

Johnson Loyalism

Flaxbourton Red

ok we have lost four in a row.

Last night was only a league cup game, so what if we lost? We can concentrate on the league now.

It is still early days. As for Johnson in general, he is still the right man for us. The problems we have got at the moment are in my opinion are possibly coming from the fact that we have a lot of new players that are not yet playing as a team. Hence crap performances.

Ok we should have sorted that out in pre-season, but you cant fault johnson for trying to secure decent players for the team if he gets the nod from the board.

when they start to gel, we will get our confidence back, and start winning again.

No the problems are that the defence has lost confidence in the keeper but the keeper will play every game because the manger has no replacement for him. Also the midfield lacks any bite which is especially needed away from home, when playing in this league, 2 pretty players is not the recipe in the middle of the park we need a ball winner in there and someone who will control the play. We have no first ball winning centre half (we sold him last week) which leaves us amiss from crners and set pieces (see saturday etc)......the list goes on.......

No the problems are that the defence has lost confidence in the keeper but the keeper will play every game because the manger has no replacement for him. Also the midfield lacks any bite which is especially needed away from home, when playing in this league, 2 pretty players is not the recipe in the middle of the park we need a ball winner in there and someone who will control the play. We have no first ball winning centre half (we sold him last week) which leaves us amiss from crners and set pieces (see saturday etc)......the list goes on.......

I agree. Until we get a decent keeper in we're stuffed. We can't wait for Weale to be ready or the season will be over for us. Jnr. Johnson looks good with his distribution but he's never going to get stuck in and win the ball. What we need is a Tommy Doc in midfield. Yet another season starts with supreme optimism only to disintegrate into a struggle before it has barely begun.

I agree entirely, I just feel that all the messing about should have been finished in pre-season. Johnson should know his best XI and stick to it wherever possible, fitting in like-for-like players where necessary. He should not be changing tactics two or three times a game and changing the starting lineup every week.

Guest MaloneFM

I agree we need cup runs but the ones we can afford to lose (BLOODY HELL MALONE WE CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE ANY!) are the Littlewoods/Rumbelows/Milk/Dunfords Dairys cup and the LDV.

If we balls up the FA cup then its a problem. If we then get promoted. It isn't so bad. Now chin up you fellows.

People asking for Johnson to be sacked are just simpletons really, no other way of describing them, simple minded idiots.

Doesnt anyone remember us outplaying League 1 champions Southend on the final day last season?

If we had anyone except McCammon upfront that day we'd have won 2 or 3-1 easily.

We've played better football under him than under Tinnion and Wilson.

We're shit this moment in time, but come on, we arent going to lose every game this season..

Have some faith ffs.

I wouldn't call them idiots as such.

They are angry and they have got a right to be angry. I trust GJ will prove them wrong though. I'm sure he is acutely aware of where the problems are. There does indeed need to be tightening up in midfield.

Its a bad start but having said that we are not going to spontaneously combust at the end of the season if we are not promoted automatically.

It is disappointing that we did not carry on where we left off at southend, but when we click, we will soon be back to winning ways.

I wouldn't call them idiots as such.

They are angry and they have got a right to be angry. I trust GJ will prove them wrong though. I'm sure he is acutely aware of where the problems are. There does indeed need to be tightening up in midfield.

Its a bad start but having said that we are not going to spontaneously combust at the end of the season if we are not promoted automatically.

It is disappointing that we did not carry on where we left off at southend, but when we click, we will soon be back to winning ways.

I call them idiots, and thats being kind.

At this stage of the season, if we sacked Johnson, who would we get in?

Gary Megson?! Heaven forbid..

As we saw last season, it takes weeks and weeks to implement a new mentality, style of play, tactics etc to change what is a losing team into a winning one..

Plus the usual selling/buying of players the new manager wants..

Its complete idiocy to think that a new manager will magically turn it all around and make us win every match.

We need someone here for a good few seasons, like it or not.

People asking for Johnson to be sacked are just simpletons really, no other way of describing them, simple minded idiots.

Doesnt anyone remember us outplaying League 1 champions Southend on the final day last season?

If we had anyone except McCammon upfront that day we'd have won 2 or 3-1 easily.

We've played better football under him than under Tinnion and Wilson.

We're shit this moment in time, but come on, we arent going to lose every game this season..

Have some faith ffs.

Agree with some of that but no, we haven't played better football under him than under Wilson.

Wilson was our most succesful manager in recent years whichever way you wish to judge it !

I call them idiots, and thats being kind.

At this stage of the season, if we sacked Johnson, who would we get in?

Gary Megson?! Heaven forbid..

As we saw last season, it takes weeks and weeks to implement a new mentality, style of play, tactics etc to change what is a losing team into a winning one..

Plus the usual selling/buying of players the new manager wants..

Its complete idiocy to think that a new manager will magically turn it all around and make us win every match.

We need someone here for a good few seasons, like it or not.

Fair comment but GJ has been here for more than a few weeks actually...............

Agree with some of that but no, we haven't played better football under him than under Wilson.

Wilson was our most succesful manager in recent years whichever way you wish to judge it !

As a defensive unit yes..

But come on, 1-0 up and sitting back all game, hardly exciting stuff..

We were almost machinest under Wilson, as Chelsea are now, just grinding out results.

Results we want, but we should be able to play nice stuff aswell.

Fair comment but GJ has been here for more than a few weeks actually...............

He had Tinnions mess to clean up when he arrived, then had to work with loan players as opposed to buying his own.

Give him some time, we saw the turnaround last season, the new players are more than capable of the same feat.

As a defensive unit yes..

But come on, 1-0 up and sitting back all game, hardly exciting stuff..

We were almost machinest under Wilson, as Chelsea are now, just grinding out results.

Results we want, but we should be able to play nice stuff aswell.

No - I will go without the nice stuff if we get the results which gain promotion !!

Archived