IGNORED

Bristol's Nightlife

The Batman

I'm coming home for a few days (tomorrow till next Tuesday), just wondered what Bristol's nightlife is like nowadays?

I'm into anything just so long as it aint heavy Hip Hop.

HA HA HA

What the hell is heavy hip hop?

Dunno about the nightlife, most of the bars round here arent my cup of tea really and all the good clubs I used to go to have or are closing down. But I went to a stonking dnb night at Dojo's on sat, had one of them old school fights where they stop the music and turn all the lights on. Was a good crack, I was chattin jibberish to all the bellends, very funny night.

Waterfront is chavtastic, steer clear of Oceana and Baja unless you like that sort of thing. Will all be busy as hell on Sunday if it's hot.

There's Chicago at Timbuk2 or Passion at Brownstone on Saturday and Kandybox at the Academy on Sunday if you like House.

Rock/Punk type music there's the Bierkeller on Friday. Cheap and messy but good fun.

Or if you want a more relaxed night out with some good ole fashioned beer drinking try the St Michael's Hill pub crawl and then head down to King St like KNR says.

Guest MaloneFM

The Queens Shilling are where you wanna be heading for some quality ladies. :devil:

Pardon my manners here but would those 'ladies' in the shilling have that certain something extra tucked away?

Try Scamps or if its full Raquels in the New Bristol Centre. If you fancy a scrap go to Le Mans, a dirty bird try Busbys or a good cheap night with chips chucked in R&J's. Myself and Mrs Malone are well aquainted with the fire escapes. :whistle:

Except for the newly opened Port Bordeaux which is a cut above the rest :D

Do you mean Bordeaux Quay next to Lloyds?

It is nice in there. Think it's in the wrong place, but the food, which what it's all about is very nice.

Guest DrFaustus

ended up getting really pissed and just walked off, ended up on the bus to bris, got off in bris...

I live in southmead. :(

Well at least you saw how us posh folks live then? :rolleyes:

I remeber the days of Papions (now the works and closed I believe) and Ritzeys. I remember going there with my cousin one Saturday night and they were filming the hitman and her there. Anyone remember that?

having read your post twice I remember papions but I cannot remember its name before used to go a lot but then I became 18 and stopped going. in those days you could go out with £2 buy four pints and still have enough to buy a bag of chips on the way home :dunno:

When I was 15/16, Papillons used to have a rave night on thursdays with all the top DJ's of the day (easygroove, Top Buzz, Grooverider, Mickey Finn, Ellis Dee et el) and it was the focal point of all raves/dances this side of Oxford. Exstatic was the best club night in Bristol bar none.

Anyone who can remember those days will agree, I'm sure.

I have never been the same since though :blush:

I remeber the days of Papions (now the works and closed I believe) and Ritzeys. I remember going there with my cousin one Saturday night and they were filming the hitman and her there. Anyone remember that?

It has now re-opened as Syndicate. Seems the same layout etc inside but just 'tarted' up a bit. On Sunday the queue was assive, but only because there was onyl one bouncer checking ID (well there was when we went past anyway) and this for a club which holds 2000 people. Also the drinks seemed reasonably cheap thanks to the 3-4-1 offer, although the way it was operated seemed a little complicated. Bought two double vodkas and coke and a vodka ice for about a tenner which is fairly cheap (well compared with Oceana) and also got tokens which allowed me to go back later and get twice as many drinks as I had already purchased for free. Didn't have to pay anythign to get in either. :D Only problem was when we entered co-incided with teh tills failing so had to wait 20 minutes to be served. However did have a positive side as later on I was given £16 to buy two bottles of water and a bottle of Becks for a man who told me he couldn't be bothered to wait an hour to buy teh drinks, and he let me keep the change (over a tenner). :D

having read your post twice I remember papions but I cannot remember its name before used to go a lot but then I became 18 and stopped going. in those days you could go out with £2 buy four pints and still have enough to buy a bag of chips on the way home :dunno:

Think it was...

Romeo and Juliets -> Papillon -> Odyssey -> the Works -> Syndicate

and

Busby's -> Ritzy -> IQ -> Creation -> Sports Bar

Guest MaloneFM

Think it was...

Romeo and Juliets -> Papillon -> Odyssey -> the Works -> Syndicate

and

Busby's -> Ritzy -> IQ -> Creation -> Sports Bar

Ahem!

Top Rank...Baileys...R&J's...Papillon....Odessey...The Works...Syndicate

The Gaumont Cinema...Buzbys...Ritzys..etc