IGNORED

Stumbling Again

Guest SteveinNC

Guest SteveinNC

Methinks the slide has begun.......1-1 to the bottom club is unforgivable. We have done well to get where we are with that nice winning run, but we MUST not let it slip now. Plymouth beating Sheffield W..........an indicator as to where WE compare with the top team? I know they were at home but our result against Wycome puts things into perspective. :rolleyes:

I thought we'd be well up for tonight's match after losing at Wednesday, yet that was one of the most lacklustre performances I've seen this season. I can't think of one City player that had a good game. That would have been bad enough but to only draw is a terrible result with Plymouth and QPR both winning. There's still a way to go yet and all the top teams have still to play each other, but many more matches with the lack of passion that was shown tonight and there's every chance we'll end up blowing it again. I don't wish to read too much into 1 match, but that was bad out there tonight. It certainly didn't do much to help keep out the cold!

Its not just 1 match though - its over a number of matches but its just the last 2 where we have gotten our comeupance.

Again tonight we were shocking with a similar passion-less, weak and lacklustre performance we showed at Sheffield.

Yes disappointing, and you would have thought with 12000+ there tonight and losing at the weekend, playing bottom side we would have been well up for it

But didn't happen - looked slow and disinterested for a lot of the game. No single player looked 100% committed.

So, are we good enough??

:rolleyes:

Methinks the slide has begun.......1-1 to the bottom club is unforgivable.
No doubt the Manchester Utd supporters were saying similiar things after the Wolves match! :rolleyes::D

These things happen, that's why people use the cliche "it's a funny old game"

I thought T. Adams team were well schooled and disciplined and if (when) they do go down should bounce straight back.

I wasn't talking about promotion before Saturday and I wont be talking about a slide after last night. I will be happy to discuss either on May 9th.

I did warn everyone about the fact Wycombe wouldn't lie down and die and it would take committment to beat them, yet we had mindless optimism blaring on about 4-0s and the like. It was NEVER going to happen. They don't assess the current form of these teams or they would have seen a series of away draws at 0-0. They don't get these for nothing.

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus
I did warn everyone about the fact Wycombe wouldn't lie down and die and it would take committment to beat them, .
I can't believe people are saying that the players didn't try surely they want promotion more than anything. But maybe the bigger picture is that we aren't good enough. Can you think of any team playing us saying god we will have to look after this player as he is good.

Do they want promotion? Really? Would you want to try hard to go up knowing next season if you do then you'll most likely lose your place to new signings?

Of course this is pure speculation and obviously this sort of thing never happens.

Does it?

Can you think of any team playing us saying god we will have to look after this player as he is good.
Yes!

Do really think that other teams don't do the same as us and look at the opposition players and say "wish we had him"?

We are second in the league and have players that can't make the bench that would be regulars in any other first team in this league.

Don't let your familiarity breed contempt.

Guest Bootylicious

Unless we bring in that 'natural' goalscorer (who we've been crying out for since Sept) i can see us 'bottling it' again.... :rolleyes:

Unless we bring in that 'natural' goalscorer (who we've been crying out for since Sept) i can see us 'bottling it' again....  :rolleyes:
The words "Two", "hopes" "in" "hell" in a sentence together with BCFC signing a DECENT striker!! :D

And did the team really, really wanna win last night??? too many indifferent performances suggest otherwise!! ;)

If they were tired... what the hell was going on then?? :D

I thought T. Adams team were well schooled and disciplined and if (when) they do go down should bounce straight back.

I thought WW were pants.

They were there for the taking & with the possesion we had, we didn't hurt them at all.

Nothing to do with TA's.

All to do with our lack of desire & passion last night. :rolleyes:

I thought WW were pants.

They were there for the taking & with the possesion we had, we didn't hurt them at all.

Nothing to do with TA's.

All to do with our lack of desire & passion last night. :rolleyes:

As my daughter would say "Whatever"

I didn't see any signs of a lack of either of those things.

What I saw was a reasonable performance that was spoilt by the lack of a final ball or finish. WW were pretty poor but were well disciplined, the FA Cup has proved that lesser sides can get some success like that and (except for Saturday) their recent results show that's what the are building on.

It seem's to me that a poor performance is often jumped on by a certain group of supporters as a sign of "passionless players" or the team "bottling it".

I am sure the same comment's would have been made after the Brentford game as well if (like last night) the last ten minutes of pressure had failed to produce two goals.

Archived