IGNORED

Christian Roberts

Keepers Ball

In my opinion

Out of all our strikers he is the only one who can beat a man on the ground !

He is also the only striker that can shoot with power unlike "powder-puff" efforts by others.

Miller with the odd goal here and there is not good enough to assault a championship challenge and Peacock who has previously gone nine games without scoring and more recently 7 games should be dropped !

Lita at the moment is an exciting prospect nothing more.

If this lot cant score against a bottom side with only 4 away points then we're buggered

For christ sake Roberts has to start playing !!!!

I've said my piece on Roberts recently and defended his inclusion to the hilt so will only add.

I AGREE  :rolleyes:

Yep, and I also agreed with everything you said about Robbo Neo.

People will point to how many goals he has scored this season, and how many attempts that he has had. He's hardly been in the team though, and when he has been he hasn't been played as a striker (the position where he scored all of his goals from last season).

Second only to Mr Murray last season, as far as I'm concerned a player doesn't turn bad overnight (or in this case over the summer break).

His confidence has been shot to pieces, and I think there are only three options for him.

1. Start hitting the target for fun in the reserves

2. Go out on loan somewhere (as a striker)

3. Move somewhere else permanently.

Number 3 would please quite a few, however I think he is a good player who when played in position will score goals, and would be missed.

People criticise him for not being able to deliver a pin-point cross, but at the end of the day he is not a winger/right sided midfielder, he is a STRIKER

Any other striker looks better than Peacock/Miller at the moment (in goalscoring terms) so I think we should just get on with supporting whoever is chosen. I do feel it is time for a shake up though and Leroy should be given an opportunity - I dont know any other team who 'protects' their best young talent to the point he gets 15/20 mins every other game - ridiculous.

In my opinion Roberts is not good enough but he couldnt do any worse than anyone else right now.

Roberts has had a chance, he has started I thin k18 games for us and come off the bench for 14. To me that is long enough to prove yourself and he hasn't. He is not a team player and he can only hit the ball at one pace and doesn't know how to aim. The bloke shoots from the goal line when he should be crossing. I would love to go in side his head for a game just so I could understand what he is thinking half the time

I agree give Robbo a go, up front with Miller, it makes a ##** sight more sense than Leapy/Miller. Think Leroy is the super sub this season for which ever one tires first. He will learn by being super sub, and then next year he will provide a real challenge to whiever we have then, whereever we are.

If it fails than we can transfer list any of the failures? I can live with that

Roberts has had a chance, he has started I thin k18 games for us and come off the bench for 14. To me that is long enough to prove yourself and he hasn't. He is not a team player and he can only hit the ball at one pace and doesn't know how to aim. The bloke shoots from the goal line when he should be crossing. I would love to go in side his head for a game just so I could understand what he is thinking half the time
Why don't you simply say I don't like Roberts instead of permanently pulling up the same TIRED 18 game start stat.

This post is referring to Roberts as a striker; not a midfielder. Hence, this stat can't be anymore than 5/6 games at best. None of these in the last 3/4 months certainly.

I would love to go inside your head and try to work out why you can't accept the fact that many fans feel HE HASN'T had a fair chance as a STRIKER this season?

In my eyes, strikers play better week in week out when their is competition for places.

With danny saying Leroy isnt ready and Christian being played on the right, surely there is a pure lack of competition up front for places?!

Both Lee's seem to have come to a point where they know week in week out they will get picked - so it may be wise, as Lee P isnt hitting his form to give Roberts a go..

Christian needs to score in the reserves like Leroy did to force himself in the team, that way Danny cannot fail to leave him out and we wouldnt need to have this thread!

Archived