IGNORED

Could I Have Your Help Please?

Ian M

• Admin

I know there are a lot of you who haven't ventured into the shopping forum yet (I can tell by the read stats for each thread) so to those who haven't, could I implore you to have a quick look and see if there are any shops in there that you use already.

If there are, simply clicking on the link in the shopping forum (rather than going directly to that site through Google, the address bar or a link in your favourites) will earn OTIB money if you end up buying a product there.

To those covered in the opening paragraph and the rest of you, could you help me by answering the following question in this thread?

If you already shop online, which shops do you use?

By answering this question I hope to make sure we have the shops you do use in our affiliate schemes (if they offer them) or maybe even identify some who aren't.

NB They don't necessarily have to be based in the UK.

NB2 It is even possible to put the OTIB affiliate scheme links to shops you use on a regular basis into your browser's "favourites/bookmarks" by following the advice given by Nibor in reply 6 of the Questions topic in that forum.

I'm sorry to say I don't ever shop online and I'm probably bot the only one. I even send cheques to BCFC whenever I want something. Just old fashioned.

You sign them with a quill, seal them with wax and send them by carrier pigeon too no doubt? :devil:

Madger, next week some time I'll go through the shopping forum and create a set of IE and Firefox favourites that people can import if they want, I'll PM you when it's done so they can be added for downloading.

I'm sorry to say I don't ever shop online and I'm probably bot the only one. I even send cheques to BCFC whenever I want something. Just old fashioned.

I'm similar and don't buy much online (but then I don't spend much at all apart from occasionally in town). However have spent money on eBay which I realise is already there. Have also used the Post Office car insurance quote service and eventually got insurance with CIS. Another purchase was from Bunches (an online flower shop).

Before that I got a contract phone direct from Vodafone, and I am led to believe contract phones offer some of the best rates of comission so perhaps this is a route that should be looked at.

Recently a student account was set-up with HSBC due to internet banking.

Also get broadband from Wanadoo (now Orange), but contract is expiring soon and may change.

I also use sites such as Kelkoo and Mutualpoints, which help compare deals etc, but due to the nature of these sites I am guessing that they will not do affiliate schemes.

Am also about to buy an NUS card online (although I realise due to it's low cost and the fact it is only purchased once a year by only a fraction of the website it probably wouldn't be worthwhile).

Finally sites which I have looked at frequently and people in my family have used, and I may use are Tesco, John Lewis and M&S. Whilst John Lewis is on the shopping forum, M&S is named, but there is no link (well there isn't in the House and Home section anyway).

Finally and more specific to me I am likely to get a new kite and equipment for kite-surfing when I go to uni, and will possibly get it online as hopefully then the cost would be smaller (but probably still way in excess off £500). However at present have no idea on which site would be used.

Hope that isn't too much info, and I have been of at least some use and as such haven't completely wasted your time.

• Admin

Hope that isn't too much info, and I have been of at least some use and as such haven't completely wasted your time.

Not at all, that is exactly what I was after. Thank you.

If others use the same sites as SGR then please go ahead and say so in reply (don't just think "oh he's mentioned them so they'll know about them") so we can see which sites are popular amongst otib users.

I use Amazon a lot.

Bought an Ipod of there a couple of weeks ago.

Cd's and books regularly.

Very trustworthy.

don't really shop online for anything else except i have been getting quotes for Car Insurance. Anyone got any idea where i can get cheap car insurance? Tried all the big names but theyve all quoted me monster sums with the exception of Direct Line. Any where deal with young non-student drivers?

Archived