IGNORED

Jevons So Far....

XBOXMAN69

How many games have you based this on? I think he looks good on the ball and lively. He can head the ball and has one hell of a shot on him. Take jevons over stewart any day of the week.

Ive only seen the two home games, but to me he seems to lack pace and physical presence.

Whats he looked like in the away games?

Maybe I'm wrong to judge so quickly, only time will tell.

I think Jevvo will score a hatful of goals for Bristol City.

Jevons would score more if he played and stayed in the middle and not wide like against Cheltenham where he was crap! As for Stewart, Alan Hansen stated on match of the day last night "that a striker never forgets how to score goals"

He is not the fastest player lqnd does not work hard, l :shifty::shifty: acks pace and does not like to go in where it hurts, does better when supported by a Big Centre Forward that he can feed off. He has a terrific shot and is good at penalties where most his goals come from.

What are peoples thoughts?

I'm not that impressed so far, I think he is a very similar player to Marcus Stewart.

Top scorer in the last three seasons at the club he has been at. To me Jevo is a good striker and if you watch his runs he makes you would see how well he reads a game. It is good that he likes to play off of defenders shoulders.

I think it is too early to judge him yet.

I think Jevvo will score a hatful of goals for Bristol City.

And for sure he needs to listen to the wise words of Scotty Murray [!!]:---

'When you're conceding goals at one end and not putting the ball in the back of the net at the other you'll end up getting beaten'

Thats one of those classic lines and of course he started by saying 'i thinkk kehhhh........'

priceless Murray!!

What are peoples thoughts?

I'm not that impressed so far, I think he is a very similar player to Marcus Stewart.

The first year at Yeovil he did score a lot, last season that was pegged back,but we did play better when he was in the side, but too frequently he would have an indifferent game, probably due to L1 defenders not allowing the space, which is the thing I have noticed a lot at this level. Rely on him giving you a good game in 3.

In Fairness to Jeavons we now have a multitude of so called strikers who aprt from Showunmi are not giving anyone any cause for excitement, and is therefore trying to find his niche in the first team, But who with that is the question.

My own personal and I am sure that there are going to be quite a few of you who will disagree thoughts are that he should be given a run with Enoch and Himself in the middle of the park instead of them always having to play wide, after all it is good to play attractive and pretty football but that doesn't always get you promotion, lets get to the premiership then play the quality attractive game.

In most I think he is a quality striker and it will take a short time for him to make his mark.

Been crap so far but then again most of our players have been.

Although if I had to choose between Jevons and Stewart id go for Stewart personally.

i agree take away jevons penalties his record is average STEWART WONT PLAY GJ WONT PUT HIM ON BENCH RE BAS USELESS AHEAD OF HIM LAST SEASON

He looks more likely to score than Bas did :laugh:

BASSO IS MORE LIKELY TO SCORE THAN BAS :whistle:

Archived