IGNORED

Phillipps!

Guest bristol south end

Guest bristol south end

Are his feet stuck to the goal-line,because he never comes off it,ask yourselves where all our opponents goals have come from this season iwould say as much as 90 per cent of the goals have come from crosses/set-pieces,he's had two shots to save in the last two games and they have both gone in,he is under-performing by not coming off his line,anyway i am well ###### off tonite and have to blame someone,these late goals by opponents/rivals is really starting to do my head in,just one point against two very poor teams is just not good enough

Are his feet stuck to the goal-line,because he never comes off it,ask yourselves where all our opponents goals have come from this season iwould say as much as 90 per cent of the goals have come from crosses/set-pieces,he's had two shots to save in the last two games  and they have both gone in,he is under-performing by not coming off his line,anyway i am well ###### off tonite and have to blame someone,these late goals by opponents/rivals is really starting to do my head in,just one point against two very poor teams is just not good enough
I disagree, tonight Wycombe had few chances, the one that they took was from a cross that should (and could) of been easily dealt with by the defenders.

Stevie has saved us on numerous occasions.

The thing we are missing is Goals, keeping a good defensive record is perfectly fine and beneficial, but without scoring, your not going to win games.

Agree, thought Lee P had a really poor game - normally a fan of his, but I would have taken him off tonight at beginning of 2nd half. He did nothing all game!

Phillips was ok, hardly had anything to do and the goal was not his fault.

The team looked jaded tonight, not up for it, lacked fight - even Tommy looked off the pace.

Come on Bristol South End, you must know Fla...erm Phillips is far too good for any criticism on here? Englands number One you know?  :rolleyes:  If not, you do now.
Sorry, it is nothing to do with favorites etc, it is fact, why is there a need to come up with excuses?

Critiscm is acceptable, but only where its due - in this case it wasnt and the post was harsh on Steve.

I put the goal down to bad defending and not becasue Phillips not coming off his line. Wycombes keeper didn't come off his line for any of the 10+ corners we had and did we score from any of them LIKE WYCOMBE DID?

Sorry, it is nothing to do with favorites etc, it is fact, why is there a need to come up with excuses?

Critiscm is acceptable, but only where its due - in this case it wasnt and the post was harsh on Steve.

I have voiced my opinion of Phillips on here countless times.

My point was trying to highlight that if City signed a one legged, one-eyed, one-armed keeper he would still be deemed as world class by some of our supporters.

I have no problem with fans supporting the red shirt, but there has to come a time when fans ask questions like 'how good is such and such, really?' and have the balls to be honest with themselves.

BTW I wasn't slating Phillips for tonight.

Guest bristol south end

I'm not blaming Phillipps for the goal,he had no chance,i think it came off the back of his neck/head but why o why does he stay rooted to his line,this just spreads panic in the defence,and by the way he is paid to stop shots and i dont think hes won us many games this year because the back four have been so superb which has made phillipps redundant in so many games apart from the one shot on target all game which seems to find the back of the net GET OFF YER LINE o well i'll feel better in the morning,i just want to get out of this poxy division

I'm not going to criticise Phillips on here; god I dare not!

If we do go up (IF). I do feel that if he doesn't start to come and collect more around his 6 yard box, then we will get seriously punished at Div I level.

I am saying this for his own good and not to further aggravate his army of followers on here. If his frailaties (sp?) lead to goals, he will lose his place (i'm sure Danny is looking very closely at his goalkeeping options). His command of his area is a weakness that fortunately is not clinically taken advantage of at this level.

Time, of course, will tell IF we go up.

Okay lets get this said once and for all.

Phillips is an excellent shot stopper and there's no better around in division 2. however he is terrible at coming out and collecting crosses particularly from corners and free-kicks, and its no surprise City concede most of their goals from crosses or free-kicks. We badly need a keeper who combines Phillips' ability in shot stopping with one who can dominate the box.

We also need a leader on the pitch, one screaming at the others to damn well play hard and urgent. I cannot see that happening at the momnt with te curent lot, yt Wycombe had players bawling at each other all night, geeing each other up. We also need two forwards who can score, as the current incumbents are never going to cut it in division 1.

We also need an experienced creative central midfielder as Tins isn't going to last mych longer and Wilkshire clearly isn't ready for it.

If there ar ethose reading this who disagree, then how are we going to cut it in division 1 if we ever get there when we cannot defeat the bottom club at home???

Guest RedwardsV1

The worst thing about it is after he lets in a goal... HE SHOUTS AT THE DEFENCE!!!! sometimes they r waiting for him 2 come off his line and catch the ball but he just stays there... He's a joke!

For the record, I thought Phillips was excellent tonight - he suprised me tonight by coming out on at least 3 occasions when he would normally remain static.

Only criticism I have was the anonyminity (sic) of Peacock and the unusual lack of quality in Aaron's crosses and the as-per-usual mind-boggling substitution of Lita for Miller instead of Peacock..

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Hmm a Philips post, on this forum? Dangerous stuff. The Philips mafia will come get you.

To me the goal was just like the one Colchester scored.

Interesting the Wycombe keeper scooped up everything in his box.......

Yes the crossing was well below par, and at one time in the second Aaron and Lee Miller were having a right old go at each other down by the Atyeo, did anyone else see that?
Yes saw that one, Miller quite understandably seemed to be getting frustrated with the lack of decent crosses. Yet again he was in a great position but the ball went no where near him or any other city player.

Not sure what brown's response could possibly have been!

You lot are a joke! I think Philips is the least of our worries after last night! Looking at last night I'd say Philips is the main reason for our good defensive record! Louis was shocking last night as has been on many occasions! I didn't see that Philips did much wrong last night at all, so you're just randoming picking on someone to blame! Would u prefer someone like Ian Walker in goal maybe?!

Guest bristol south end

Wrong YOU are a joke and blind with it,have you not seen that practically EVERY goal we have let in this season has come from crosses,he is a great shot stopper but because of our excellent defence he hasn't had many shots to stop,he does fly out of his goal when through balls are played down the middle and is excellent in that department but we have never in my 35yrs of following city had a goalkeeper who stays so resolutely to his line,he needs to sort it out before the plymouth game because with there route1 style they will have a field day note both there goals last nite came from corners.At the end of the day phillips is not the reason for last nite,i fear that our inability to sign a poacher for the second year will cost us dear again and ultimately there will only be one person to blame if that should happen,but let us keep the faith ,stick with the lads we have got,and pray

as a former defender you do rely on a keeper behind you to dominate the box; it gives you much more confidence. Conversely a keeper who stays on his line more often than not breeds indecision and jitters, particularly form crosses or corners... and how many goals have City let in from those?????

as a former defender you do rely on a keeper behind you to dominate the box; it gives you much more confidence.  Conversely a keeper who stays on his line more often than not breeds indecision and jitters, particularly form crosses or corners... and how many goals have City let in from those?????
Cor blimey our whole defensive unit is doing very well if they are totally out of confidence! Love to see how tight we were at the back if Philips was any good?!

Um, no mention of totally out of confidence there Nailseared. I said much more confidence which is entirely different context.

The point I was making is that when crosses come in the defence isn't as assertive as it should be (watch the next time some team bangs in a cross and see the panic) and that's a lot to do with the keeper staying when he should come.

Apart from that the defence is fairly solid.

Guest bristol south end

Mr nailsea have you never been told that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit,as for last nites goal the only player who should be criticised in any way is G'fellow who allowed himself to be so easily beaten by their winger and then delivering the cross for the equalizer

Mr nailsea have you never been told that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit,as for last nites goal the only player who should be criticised in any way is G'fellow who allowed himself to be so easily beaten by their winger and then delivering the cross for the equalizer
Ah i see so if it was goodfellows fault for the goal why start a post saying philips is cr@p? :P

Well here we go again, 1 loss in 15 matches and we start looking for reasons why we are so bad. let me see now ,its all tinnions fault, no its phillips he doesnt come for crosses, no sorry I'm wrong its all down to the groundsman .Why do we always need someone to blame?,stop being so negative and get behind the team.As for saying most of our conceded goals have come from set pieces or crosses so what, we dont let that many in .All we need is to take a few more chances and I'm sure the goals will go in.

Guest North Street

It is not actually Phillipps's fault he does not command his box because i sure if you look close you can see a large rubber band attached to his back, every time he ventures towards the penalty spot it pings him violently back towards the posts.

That is what i think anyway!

Archived