IGNORED

Brighton

Luke_Ciderhead

With the home match against Brighton a week tomorrow, I'm just wondering what peoples thoughts on the game are.

This is the first time we play them since that ill fated day in May 2004, which was the start of the clubs decline from one of the best teams in the league to relegation fodder.

For you, will it be a grudge match which will have a hostile atmosphere, like games against Swansea, Millwall etc? Or do most City fans view it as just another run off the mill League 1 fixture without any particular edge to it?

For me, its certainly a big game. I lived in Brighton for some time, including during the 03-04 season and I had their celebrations at our expense constantly rubbed in my face. To get one over them would be extremely sweet for me, and a large away following should mean one of the most high profile fixtures of the season.

What do other people think of them, any hard feelings towards them at all?

With the home match against Brighton a week tomorrow, I'm just wondering what peoples thoughts on the game are.

This is the first time we play them since that ill fated day in May 2004, which was the start of the clubs decline from one of the best teams in the league to relegation fodder.

For you, will it be a grudge match which will have a hostile atmosphere, like games against Swansea, Millwall etc? Or do most City fans view it as just another run off the mill League 1 fixture without any particular edge to it?

For me, its certainly a big game. I lived in Brighton for some time, including during the 03-04 season and I had their celebrations at our expense constantly rubbed in my face. To get one over them would be extremely sweet for me, and a large away following should mean one of the most high profile fixtures of the season.

What do other people think of them, any hard feelings towards them at all?

I for one hope we stuff them. At Cardiff they were the worst winners I have ever seen. Gloating at and goading City fans. I was remarking to them that they would be hammered by all in sundry the following season and would be straight back down. It took them two seasons but they certainly took some hammerings alon the way. :dance:

Please can we get our house in order (On the football side) and show them retribution. Gate-style.

Hate the town - chavvy little cockney Weston... hate the club - boring 10 men behind the ball football and forever whinging about a new stadium that would never be more than 50% full. In my view there's not a lot wrong with Brighton that a small tactical nuclear warhead wouldn't fix.

Mouthy little south coast arse bandits with a penchant for leather caps, hanging around mens toilets & watching sex in the city.

Thats about it really.

Is there really any need to post homophobic drivel? :doh:

I assumed that it was just me who didnt like Brighton, seems liket theres quite widespread dislike of them. Lets get an intimidating atmosphere going next saturday then, and hopefully we can get a nice slice of revenge! :city:

Is there really any need to post homophobic drivel? :doh:

I assumed that it was just me who didnt like Brighton, seems liket theres quite widespread dislike of them. Lets get an intimidating atmosphere going next saturday then, and hopefully we can get a nice slice of revenge! :city:

I think Brightoners will have learnt to take that sort of stereotype as seriously as we take being called farmers.

Oooo Arrrr. :farmer:

I went to Portugal two years ago after the play offs and met some very nice Brighton fans. They took the mickey for all of five minutes and then suggested they would get relegated the next season. Actually they lasted 2 seasons in the championship. Wouldnt be suprised to see them in the pack to go up again this season.

Bunch of homo's alternatives.

Edit:seriously, a seedy little town attracting all sort's of outcast groups not just homosexuals. I don't like the place.

Never been there apart from working, but will be making a weekend of the away fixture.

I went to Portugal two years ago after the play offs and met some very nice Brighton fans. They took the mickey for all of five minutes and then suggested they would get relegated the next season. Actually they lasted 2 seasons in the championship. Wouldnt be suprised to see them in the pack to go up again this season.

Nice boys were they?

They werent gay if thats what your asking no. But they did admit that they were as bad as us that day.

As bad as? Thay were worse! Lita would have been the difference between us & the only reason they think they were as bad is orrible cheating Leon Knight!

Responsible for one of my worst days as a City fan so those fellas you met must be evil! :devil::devil::devil:

Anyway, no point going over old ground.

Hope you hammer them. I really do.

They did not even deserve to be at Cardiff that day. Absolutely battered them at The Withdean and won 2-1 in the 2nd leg of the playoff. Only to lose on pens. I will never forget the way their fans behaved toward us after the final whistle. We applauded them as they made their way over to us on the pitch only to receive the most vile goading, taunting and unsporting behaviour I have ever witnessed. yes i'm bitter and I yearn for the day Swindon exact revenge on them.

They did not even deserve to be at Cardiff that day. Absolutely battered them at The Withdean and won 2-1 in the 2nd leg of the playoff. Only to lose on pens. I will never forget the way their fans behaved toward us after the final whistle. We applauded them as they made their way over to us on the pitch only to receive the most vile goading, taunting and unsporting behaviour I have ever witnessed. yes i'm bitter and I yearn for the day Swindon exact revenge on them.

I watched both the Brighton-Swindon playoff matches, and I agree Swindon were the much better side in both. At the County Ground, you had countless chances whilst they scored from their only shot on target...then you totally outplayed them at the Withdean yet they ended up going through to face us, where they just about deserved their win thanks to a completely inept performance from us.

Ive never seen a side get so much luck before, or since.

I'm sick and bloody tired of Swindon fans going on about that. We didn't ###### taunt you. The players tunnel was next to your end, the pitch invasion, naturally moved to the tunnel where your fans were. I was in the thick of it, I saw no goading, just a few claps in your direction.

As for goading City, not to many people saying it, but I recall people on here after the game saying we were nice about and saying ourselves we'd go down. I was in a pub next to the ground after the game with City fans and was very pleasant and we knew we would struggle.

As for luck. Can you really hate someone for being lucky? You'd be the first to take a bit of luck if it came your way! Besides that, you don't finish 4th if you're rubbish. We were fourth because we were very organised, and strong in defence and we had a goal scorer. I can totally understand why a Swindon fan would feel we were lucky, but at the end of the day, we defended well and you didn't take your chances.

As for the final. It was a poor game. Iwelumo went on a bold run, won the penalty, and that was it. Winning/Losing is on such a fine line. A few centermitires either way, a bad decision by the ref. Every game every team players there's often a degree of luck/chance involved. Over the course of the season its generally agreed teams deserve to be where they are. When it comes to play-offs, there are two/three games and those little things that change games become all the more important and noticed and thought about in years to come. Any of the 4 play-off sides could have gone up that year, I'd like to think I'm big enough not to hold a grudge for eternity.

For the record, I think Bristol City will beat us at the gate. We'll probably then lose at Millwall and I'm not at all confident about Crewe tomorrow. Think we're going to have a tough few weeks.

I hate Brighton with a passion, always going on about that bloody stadium and yet they couldn't even sell all their tickets for the play off final let alone sell out their new ground.

We on the other could have sold 50,000 the demand was so great. We always sell out for our finals even Swansea didn't sell all their tickets in the playy off final this year.

This is why we have a bit of a sleeping giant tag, the fact is we massively under achive every year we spend in this sh1t division.

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

relegation fodder.

yeah terrible. i mean 7th and 9th since then. we may aswell forget the game and prepare for league two next season :doh:

we may not have been as high since but "relagation fodder"??????? what a load of rubbish. do you actually remember how boring that season was when we were 3rd?

we hardly ever scored or conceded. infact in that season we only managed to score more than two goals in a league game on 4 occassions.

i prefer it now when we do attack and therefore look dodgey at the back at times like on the break rather than passing it to burnell to butler to burnell to butler to burnell. had we gone up we would be coming in or just outside the relagation zone with 5 goals a season.

I hate Brighton with a passion, always going on about that bloody stadium and yet they couldn't even sell all their tickets for the play off final let alone sell out their new ground.

We on the other could have sold 50,000 the demand was so great. We always sell out for our finals even Swansea didn't sell all their tickets in the playy off final this year.

This is why we have a bit of a sleeping giant tag, the fact is we massively under achive every year we spend in this sh1t division.

Hmmm. I wonder whether we'd have taken more if the game was on our doorstep? Okay, we didn't sell out, but we still had a ###### good following, especially considering we only get 6000 odd at home. Before we can become a 'sleeping giant', we need a stadium, as the only league club in Sussex we'll certainly be able to attract the supporters.

Hmmm. I wonder whether we'd have taken more if the game was on our doorstep? Okay, we didn't sell out, but we still had a ###### good following, especially considering we only get 6000 odd at home. Before we can become a 'sleeping giant', we need a stadium, as the only league club in Sussex we'll certainly be able to attract the supporters.

But how much longer are you going to have to wait for a new stadium? Must be years now?

Did you sell your allocation at wembly for the FA Cup final. As I recollect, you didnt then either. as to your following at Mad stad, wouldnt disagree. We sold all our tickets and could have sold a whole load more too, however.

You're in luck lads, because you will DESTROY us on Saturday.

Hopefully this will give you some closure and you can move on instead of holding pointless bitter little grudges.

You sound confident about that! Think you've lost a few players that were decent for you infact I don't think I even recognise half the players in your team anymore. Although I think theres only a couple left from the play off final in our team!

A scrappy game Saturday and I cant see you lot bringing that many down this season.

Archived