IGNORED

Ashton Gate

NickJ

Last year Steve Lansdown justified the hiving off of Ashton Gate into a separate company on 2 bases:

1. To allow the financial results of the football side and the stadium side of "the business" to be ascertained. Anyone with an ounce of accounting knowledge does of course know you don't need a separate company to do that. But anyway, no doubt when the accounts are published all us shareholders will be suitably impressed with this new found information. :whistle:

2. To ease the way to obtain funding for redevelopment of the stadium. Many of you may recall that I quite forcefully argued that a bank will primarily be interested in the freehold as security, and won't worry too much about whether it sits in a different company or not.

Anyway, that aside, the stadium transfer was well over a year ago, so does anybody know when said redevelopment will commence, or was the Premier Seating it?

:devil:

prem seating and dolman bar were the start I believe new stand is obviously on hold.

getting the prem seating and dolman bar improved will no doubt bring in welcome extra facilites as the old facilities were dated to say the least they have already and will no doubt in the future bring in improved levels of income, for all the hamerings the club have taken over the prem seating, for the 1st season and considering we are a 3rd division club they have sold very well , ok they don't look full but just because seats are empty doesn't mean they haven't been paid for. Was it 2/3 or 3/4 of seatings sold? not bad really!

personally speaking if I could have afford 6k upfront for a 10year ticket I would have.

another side not on the premier seating, spoke to someone who went to the new Arsenal ground, he had a normal seat nothing flash and said it was still a better seat and more room than the prem seating at the gate which we tried out on the open day! shows we are still light years behind!!!

prem seating and dolman bar were the start I believe new stand is obviously on hold.

And so it should be.

I could never see the point of spending £8m in replacing a 5,000 seater stand with a 5,000 seater stand.

getting the prem seating and dolman bar improved will no doubt bring in welcome extra facilites as the old facilities were dated to say the least they have already and will no doubt in the future bring in improved levels of income, for all the hamerings the club have taken over the prem seating, for the 1st season and considering we are a 3rd division club they have sold very well , ok they don't look full but just because seats are empty doesn't mean they haven't been paid for. Was it 2/3 or 3/4 of seatings sold? not bad really!

We are told it's 2/3rds but it looks empty most weeks to me.As you said, aside from looking bad, that's not an issue financially except perhaps for catering revenue, but CS was quoted as saying it would sell out 3 or 4 times over.Why hasn't it and how many of the packages:

a.Been sold at a discount. (I know lots were)

b.Been sold on the basis of monthly, as opposed to, advance, payments.

personally speaking if I could have afford 6k upfront for a 10year ticket I would have.

another side not on the premier seating, spoke to someone who went to the new Arsenal ground, he had a normal seat nothing flash and said it was still a better seat and more room than the prem seating at the gate which we tried out on the open day! shows we are still light years behind!!!

Comparing City to Arsenal is a bit like comparing a Ford Fiesta to a Ferrari.

At the last home game the Premier seating was only about a 1/4 full (or 3/4 empty). This was pretty disappointing, but then I read in the programme that tickets could be purchased on a match by match basis for that area which makes the corporate sales seem even worse.

How many Premier seat season tickets have been sold?

Is this another "White Elephant" from CS? :dunno:

Archived