IGNORED

Wigan, Reading, Cardiff

headhunter

Whilst it was not a fixture to capture anyone's imagination, seeing Wigan take on Reading in a Premiership game made me feel more sad than I already am about our current plight.

Both of these sides were nothing [not having the past tradition of, say, Bolton] until recent years and we had a pretty good track record against both. Now look at them lording it amongst the big boys.

It's not as if either has spent absolute mega bucks to get where they are but both have good managers who have dealt well in the transfer market. I bet if you compare both those club's total £ spend to get to [i know they've spent more since arriving] the Prem against our own you might see there's not a great deal of difference. Neither have as large a fan base as us but success has been reflected big time through the turnstile.

Look at Cardiff too. They ARE bankrupt aren't they ? [or almost]. They beat Birmingham yesterday and have now emerged as early pacesetters in the promotion race. It's incredible to think just 3 years ago we came within a whisker of beating them in the playoffs.

How have they done so well compared to us ? Good manager [Dave Jones], prepared to buy quality players [Chopra from Newcastle for £500k] and they will soon [?] be moving to a new stadium.

To make matters worse Peacock and Roberts appear to have grown up under the management of the "reformed" Denis Wise at Swindon and didn't Roberts and Aaron 'I'm deserving of a higher standard of football ' Brown score yesterday ?

Sad, depressing, call it what you will but WHY ?

Archived