IGNORED

Joe Burnell

Dolman_Stand

yep, good player, was very under-rated by alot of people. very good at right back, did well in midfield but suffered when played in the same midfield as Tommy Doc, good hassling midfield very good at breaking up the play and passing it to someone who knew what to do with the ball, a real battler and 110% everytime he played, started off very well at the club but never really progressed on from that, not at all suprised to see him back in this league.

think he was season ticket holder in the dolman before he was a player?

Joe Burnell on the Cobblers website.

"I am really looking forward to the game, they are on a bad run at the moment and I think the weight of expectation on them to do well can sometimes go against them. The expectation there is massive even when you are drawing at home at half-time the fans can boo you and you have to be strong to deal with that."

He could be writing on this forum! How sad - even one of our former players confim that we (the fans) put too much pressure on the players. :angry:

yep, good player, was very under-rated by alot of people. very good at right back, did well in midfield but suffered when played in the same midfield as Tommy Doc, good hassling midfield very good at breaking up the play and passing it to someone who knew what to do with the ball, a real battler and 110% everytime he played, started off very well at the club but never really progressed on from that, not at all suprised to see him back in this league.

absolutely spot on.

got a lot of stick at city, a lot of it totally unjustified.

not only did he and doherty allow tinnion and murray the security to bomb forward, but I'd go as far as saying that they also did a superb job of protecting the back four as well.

Why would he say that, he plays for a better team than us :doh:

But when it comes down to it we are his team by birth, his home.

Some players get 'adopted' by us and make us their home, eg Murray. Some players fans never accept or don't settle here, and for some players we are their club and the pride and passion of being a Bristolian shows!

And I agree, we didn't realise how important he was to us until after he had left.

Joe Burnell is a top bloke.

Bumped into him & Danny Coles a few years back on a Saturday night after a City defeat. I'd had a few shandies and insisted that as I pay their wages (as a ST holder), they should sit down and listen to my post-match analysis.

They both sat there and listened to my drunken drivel without telling me to **** off & were very polite.

Personally I would have told myself where to go. Oh, and a decent player too!

And his missus is gurt lush.

Archived