IGNORED

How To Choke

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Guest WillsbridgeRed

1. Fail to beat the worst team in the league and even give up a league.

2. Fail to convert numerous crosses, even if majority were poor

3. Fail to create when a team plays deep at the back

:rolleyes:

VERY dissapointed with the result last night, Wycombe are easily the worst side in the league and really 1 point from our last 2 games is not good enough.

I'm sure that will change though but It doesn't too any good for our health! The run of wins was great, but it shouldn't have been needed in the first place. It seems like the players feel the jobs done. "We got to the top end that'll do" .

I heard people saying "Well we can beat Plymouth & QPR" Well yes that would be great, but whats the point if we only draw with the Wycombes of this world?

Of the players last night, I thought Bell put in an assured performance, Fortune looked better than I expected which was pleasing.

Goodfellow was a dangerous threat and his goal topped a decent display and Aaron Brown really did get the ball into some fantastic posistions, but the final ball let him down nearly every time. He keeps showing what a good player he can be, and I can't wait till it all comes together for him.

I'm sure within a couple of weeks City will have turned back into the dangerous, killer monster they have been since christmas, but will it be too late by then? Lets hope not

I couldn't get to last night's game but was shocked to see the result on Teletext last night and even more shocked to read on here about the overall team display. Danny Wilson's men now HAVE to beat QPR and PlyMUFF and that wont be easy given they are really up for promotion as well.

Up the City

Drawing/losing to the bottom team is not an exclusive trait of ours, other teams in other divisions manage it as well. But I agree it wasn't good enough last night.

The order of our results may make it look like we're choking, but standing back and looking at the whole picture can help.

if we had (as others have done) won 5 drawn 1 won 2 lost 1 and won 4 of the last 13 we would still think we had been on a good run at the moment. Ironically 11 in a row has raised expectations so much that anything else look's like a choke. Start of February QPR / Plymouth were "choking" according to some, they have bounced back and I am sure we have enough to do the same.

Archived