IGNORED

Flattering To Deceive

Bristol Boy

At least four people said the same things to me last night without any prompting.

"Same Old City" when push comes to shove we haven't got it.

"Big away following, big let down"

"Vital game, nerve goes"

We had enough possesion to win five games, but our crossing was appalling and we seemed lacklustre until Tinnion appeared.

Let's firstly deal with this nonsense about Tinnion needing a rest.

If that's the case and in my view he no more needs a rest that Tommy, then play him for the first 60 minutes get 2/3 goals up and THEN replace him with Joe Burnell, me, my missus, it doesn't really matter, because we won't let in three more goals with Tinnion off the field than on it.

I posted before the game, that we should have the minimum enforced changes.DW decided otherwise and screwed it up further by playing a 50/50 player in Hill.There was no need last night and now he could miss further games.

STUPID AND NEEDLESS

I would have subbed the knackered TD, as opposed to Wilkshire, who was beginning to get forward to good effect in the second after an undistinguished first half.

Can someone tell me how Peacock missed that header??

We had to many weak players mentally last night in Brown, Wilkshire & Goodfellow.

We have two strikers who don't score enough goals and are too similar.Same scenario as Burnell/Doherty in central midfield.Drop either one and give Lita a run with Roberts on the bench, if we don't sign someone.Someone with pace at least who can run the channels.Lita knows where the net is.

Brown's crossing was woeful and there is no point in getting into the positions, which he did all night, only to hit the first defender..which he did all night! NEP No End Product.

Bell's free kicks were pass backs and our shooting, the goal and Goodfellows second half drive aside, were powder puff and at an easily savable height.

PLUS POINTS

Fortune who DW will drop Saturday in favour of Butler.

Coles who proved how much better he is without Butler next to him.

Did anyone else notice how few free kicks our defenders gave away last night?

WE NEED

A Goalscorer.

A Keeper to put some pressure on/replace Phillips, who isn't commanding his area and for a side with our set piece goals against, that's serious.

Can I also suggest, we still need a right winger, possibly moving Goodfellow to the left.

He showed again in the second half that he can score and HAS a right foot so why he keeps coming inside ALL the time, baffles me and DW should have a word because, with his pace and skill, he can be a menace.

Did anyone mention Tommy & Coles's appalling passing??

Aaron gave plenty of puposeful approach play only for the final ball to be a big let down.

We are starving our front 2 of quality service.

Quite right although one poster made TD MOM.

I thought Coles was better than of late without TB making a nervous wreck of him!

Archived