IGNORED

1st Time I've Seen City Play In A Year

City_pete1

Last game I saw was GJ 1st game vs Hartlepool at home last year. I went away travelling for 10 months and just got back.

A lot of different players, but still a lot of big egos and problems in the dressing room. Same old City, alway disapoint.

Hopfuly we can do better in the 2nd half and I will eat my words.

Last game I saw was GJ 1st game vs Hartlepool at home last year. I went away travelling for 10 months and just got back.

A lot of different players, but still a lot of big egos and problems in the dressing room. Same old City, alway disapoint.

Hope your feeling hungry then :city: :razz:

Mmmmm words *drools* :yawn:

EAT IT NOW 1-3

You there Pete?

I think we've seen that City can turn it round, that the dressing room morale is strong and that the Carey / Orr bust up is just a blip.

So Pete, if you base your view of City on just 45 minutes, I suggest you hit the road once more

Tomato, or brown Sauce, with that?

Do you feel a bit silly now Pete ?? Never ever lose faith in the City.

I haven't seen them this season. After 50+ years I'm getting a bit fed up with the spin at the start of each season, with nothing much to get excited about on the pitch. So I've been saving my £23. But fair play to the team tonight, after the nonsense between Carey and Orr they did exceptionally well to win and certainly played well enough to deserve it. On my only viewing of the team this season, I thought the defence looked a bit all over the place at times, even before the sending off and the midfield is not that strong. Couldn't see anything in Lee Johnson, gave the ball away far too much and in dangerous areas. I prefer Brown for his tackling or Russell for his craft, every time. Jevons didn't look that special, and Showumni didn't look much better than Savage to me on tonight's showing! Why Brooker has been getting stick on here is a mystery as he held the ball well and topped off a good performance with a well taken goal. Cotts was of course the star. He will keep improving and become more consistent, I just hope the club don't do a 'Leroy'with him as he will attract interest. We need to keep our best young players. Reckon I might be spending £23 again mighty soon.

Your boring.

Last night was my first game since MK Dons away in March. I have to say that after reading the postings on here about the season so far that I was more than a little nervous before the game thinking that we were on a hiding to nothing.

Given the background, I was pretty impressed. We played some good football and didn't look like a side struggling oir in crisis. In fact we played more like the home team. It was obvious, particularly early on, that there was a lack of confidence, particularly in the last third, where you could feel that players were frightened to take a risk. Going 1-0 down was a turning point, as I was expecting heads to drop and that we would start playing whoosh football. Not a bit of it. We maintained our form and when Cotterrill did eventually run at the heart of the defence and earned the penalty we were back in the game.

The Orr incident seemed like it would lose us the game and at the time seemed to indicate dresing room splits, club in crisis etc. However, the team spirit in the second half made me proud to support this club. YOu couldn't have asked more for from the players and I have to say that for most of the second half you were not really conscious that we only had 10 men. We played good controlled football, gave relatively little away and throughoughly deserved the win.

Cotteril was for me the best player on the pitch. if he can learn to cross a ball beyond the keeper and also when to hold the ball up so we don't keep getting hit on the break, he will be a really top player.

Brooker looked lacking in confidence and is a shadow of the player he was last year. Hopefully the goal will get him back on track.

Jevons looked something and nothing and I couldn't work out what he was there to do. Showumni is no wide player, as he doesn't seem mobile enough, but does look to be the strong target player that could play well with Brooker up front.

Noble and Johnson played pretty well and when they got the ball moving quickly we loked good. however, Johnson is inclined to give it away to easily and neither seem able to get the ball back quickly, particularly when the opposition break quickly.

Defence looked a bit shaky first half but looked much more solid after the break when we were down to 10 men and they never looked likely to be overrrun, although they were obviously stretched a few times. There were one of two scary moments when they didn't get the ball away cleanly, otherwise a pretty good performance.

Basso - what can you say! A superb save with his feet late on in the second half but one or two dodgy moments as well. Although I haven't seen other games this season it seems last season's defence have not been playing so well and it may well be that Basso's is less confident in the players in front of him. By the same token the defence have probably not been so confident in Basso behind them. A perfromance like yesterday's will hopefully get the whole defensive unit playing with confidence once more.

I came away feeling much happier about things than when I arrived at the ground. However we have 2 wins this season but those came against 2 teams now in the bottom 4 in the table. We have to be able to beat the teams above us and if we do then we can talk about being able to push on for the rest of this season. Last night second half instilled a team spirit that I hope GJ can bottle and keep there for the rest of this season. Onwards and upwards.

P.S. City fans - great support last night, and well recognised by the players and GJ after the game. A good all round effort by the club on and off the pitch.

Archived