IGNORED

'will The True Bcfc'

richieb

Having stayed fairly quiet & enjoyed the recent run of results, I was cringing at some of the comments on this forum, of being 'world beaters' & the pathetic baiting of our closest rivals.

Yep, I am a real pessimist & only when we reach the ultimate promotion goal will the joy be realeased :D

But all the way through our winning run, can anyone honestly say we have been totally convincing & turned in some inspiring performances? :D

OK, its not all about the performance & more about the 3 points. But I can't help feeling that over recent games we have experienced more than our fair share of 'footy luck'.The last two games have showed what can happen when the luck desserts a team. ;)

Anyone there last night would have seen that WW were a team that showed why they were bottom of the league, I thought they were dire. And we at times made them look good with some woeful approach play.

Some will slaughter me on this post, but I am being a realist & trying to understand why last night we looked a yard off the pace.

If we had of won last night, the same question remains. Did we deserve it ? It would have been again the 'get out of jail - luck' card again.

Some thoughts.

- Peacock has enjoyed enough time to regain his scoring touch.Bench time

- Miller must wonder why he is dragged off game after game.

- A Brown has to be coached on how to read a game & no spectate.

- Wilkshire is more of a class player than given credit. But he needs to have players around him that move & allowing him to create. last night he was the ONLY midfielder that was getting into the box.

- We have a desperate need for a 25+ goal scorer (Jamie Cureton scenario worries me - we should have gambled)

- We must have had 60/70% of possesion last night & find it difficult to hurt teams. I think mainly down to lack of movement & pace.

- much of the success so far has been down to tight defence, but when at home we are beginning to struggle in front of goal & letting in the goals due to lack of concentration.

- Been said before, but DW while being credited with great success in getting us where we are, must come in for some critisium for he continued confusion in substitutions. ( Fortune recently the best !) - but Saturday was calling out for Lita or Goodfellow & last night imho Goodfellow should have been switched to right & Roberts brought on for Brown. Lita should have remained benched. OK it didn't help with MH having to go off early.

I, like any fan would take promotion in any form, but I have always remained a realist, in believeing that through our recent run, we didn't actually perform as if we were the best team in the division.

On the back of a good run, BCFC have a habit of hitting a slump, I only hope that the 'luck' returns & the real BCFC appears at the right time.

Until then, I certainly won't be one for appearing on rivals sites & goading fellow supporters.

How many times have we had teeth marks appear in our rear end, when we all suddenly believe this can be our year. :rolleyes:

Please let this be our season & I if we can't rely on 'luck' then maybe DW will inspire that upturn in creativity that so sadly lacked last night. :D

I agree with you, the team has not been playing well even when they have been winning, much of this is a failure to kill teams when they are under pressure and then they go nick one in at the other end.

City badly need a poacher, its glaringly obvious, but there may well be no chance of getting one for whatever reason or other. I would break up the two Lees and play one with either Lita or Roberts to start with. We also need aaron to play better crosses than last night as he had a shocker.

Don't agree our "luck" has been poor throughout "the run" as well. We are generally solid at the back (that's not luck) , which has allowed us to win game's by playing good football in fit's and starts.

Last season we played some fantastic football in matches but weren't strong enough at the back to capitalise in results.

The True BCFC have stood up and been counted over the last 13 games and will be good enough over the next 12.

Very Good post, reasonable, accurate, honest.

We aint looked that convincing during our run at times, in fact the opposite. Our "strike force" are the problem, it has got to be faced. start Robbo, and Miller up front Saturday, and leave Leapy on the bench. No one is automatically entitled to the shirt-it has to be worn with pride and passion.

If we start scoring the whole team will lift, and maybe just maybe we'll do the right thing, the big P.

Last season we played some fantastic football in matches but weren't strong enough at the back to capitalise in results.

The True BCFC have stood up and been counted over the last 13 games and will be good enough over the next 12.

Agree with the fact that last season we played some decent stuff (in patchs). And also agree that we are more solid this season.

My question is then, why can't we achieve a combination of both?

Last night we were neither! We couldn't produce the killer touch & failed at the back when put under the odd attack :rolleyes:

OK, maybe the true BCFC did appear over the past 11/13 games & boy I so hope they reappear. But can't help feeling that one element avoiding us now is luck.

I would guess that is the eternal question. It's surely what every club is striving to achieve and possibly only Arsenal are succeeding to do currently.
You are sounding like robbored - Gooner!

Yep, last night was a cracking example where we were totally inaffective in front of goal & still relied on the defence to stay firm - they didn't!

Guest bemmyred

Ive been arguing this case in work for the last 2 months, you need more than luck to win promotion and without that we dont to be honest have much to offer.

Most managers that have come down Ashton this season must be wondering how we are at the top of the table.

Archived