IGNORED

Defending As A Side

KnowleUtd City

Whilst like everybody else i was extremely pleased with the charachter and bottle the lads showed and the obvious quality we now have going forward, I am still worried that with a midfield four of Cotterill, Enoch, Noble, and Johnson there is very little if any bite in midfield, add that to our centre back pairing of Carey and fontaine, both quality defenders on the floor but neither dominate in the air, I still think we are weak defensivly. I wish I could just sit back enjoy the win and look forward to the rest of the season, but my head is telling me that unless GJ gets more balance in the side in terms of defesive players we will come un stuck.

All I'll say on this is, we can only get better! :chant6ez:

But once Jamie McCombe is fully fit, hopefully he'll be able to add something more to our defence when eventually played...

And I don't mean this so much in terms of his height, but his ground skills aren't too bad either from what I've seen early on! :)

Whilst like everybody else i was extremely pleased with the charachter and bottle the lads showed and the obvious quality we now have going forward, I am still worried that with a midfield four of Cotterill, Enoch, Noble, and Johnson there is very little if any bite in midfield, add that to our centre back pairing of Carey and fontaine, both quality defenders on the floor but neither dominate in the air, I still think we are weak defensivly. I wish I could just sit back enjoy the win and look forward to the rest of the season, but my head is telling me that unless GJ gets more balance in the side in terms of defesive players we will come un stuck.

The team does not have a balance feel to it at all. looks nicey nicey going forward but lacks protection across midfield. Carey & Fontaine to me are as good as any in this division but have Basso doing whatever it is he does behind them and square pegs round holes simply not preventing the ball being boxed in front of them.Somewhere in this i would get Russell or Brown in to give it some spine as it all feels lightweight as soon as the ball is lost e.g Blackpool shredding City.

Archived