IGNORED

We Need A Goalscorer!

One Team

I don't a there had been a game all season that has better portrayed our critical need to acquire a goalscorer.

You can quote Peacock's work rate to me and Miller's holding the ball up all you like; the bottom line is they are just not working as a striking partnership that gets goals; which, is what they are supposed to do.

Miller is slightly better that Peacock at the moment in terms of form, however, so it would be nice for him to continue, but the perpetual "Lee Peacock love-in" at the club is bordering on the laughable.

When the board went up yesterday, we all KNEW it didn't have the ability to produce a number '9' but still Danny persists in playing him and then keeping him on the pitch - I've just got one simple question; why!?

We either need to start playing Miller with Roberts or Miller with Lita immediately or even better, we look to bring in a proven goal scorer on loan.

Everyone around me last night in the East End was in agreement as we trudged out last night; am I the only one on the forum is this train of thought?!

One Team

I'll only say this once, because you are all going to laugh at me.

Peacock can't play with Roberts. Or the other way around.

Lita isnt ready quite yet.

I'd play Miller and Peacock, but with Wilkshire playing just and I mean just, behind them in a 'free' role.

A middle 3 of Brown (with goodfellow benching in case!!) Tins and Doc.

However, I really have thought all season we needed a poacher.

For me, its been crying out for Miller-Lita partnership to be unleashed. Wilson's been saying for 2 years now that Lita isnt ready for 1st team footy but he's the only natural goalscorer at the club currently. I know the standard is a lot different but just look at his record in reserves/academy teams. Could be a secret but potent weapon in the run in.

Roberts had his chance and he is not a natural goal scorer but he can do a job out wide.

I think it is now time to drop Peacock and give Miller and Lita a run in the team, I think of all our strikers Lita is the one who knows where the back of the net is.

We create so many chances and yet our goal return ratio from our front two is poor, a change is needed.

Right, time to give Roberts a run up front, not just one game though, give him a run and he may come good.

Peacock and Miller together doesn't work, if Wilson can't see this then he is blind.

Leapy has had his chance, most teams would drop strikers who aint scored in 7!

This aint his first barren spell this season either.

Also Miller has the same number of goals in the last 10 matches (As per Sport First stats on sunday.)

If Robbo did good gainst Yeovil, give him a crack, up front. Dont think he's had many starts up front this season so give him a run, at this moment it couldnt be any worse. A fresh face may be exactly what we need, Robbo would benefit, Miller and Leroy would too, and once Leapy got over being dropped, hed benefit too!!!

DW you know what to do!!(Dont hold yer breath though eh, troops!!)

> Peacock and Miller dosent work? Am I missing something here?havent we we just had a run of near record breaking wins when they were our 2 main strikers.

In the recent run, does anyone know how many goals were scored by:

Miller?

Peacock?

Any one else?

I suspect (dodgy memory) the midfield have contributed massively towards the goals and may have scored more than our strikers!

Not very healthy...

I would re-phrase that slightly to "We need to get into the habit of scoring Goals", and expecting to score every game.

We have the srikers, who, when given DECENT service can do the business.

I have said for a while that I would like to see Lee M and Leroy playing together just to see how they gel, if they gel, now I am panicking a bit cause so many on this forum are agreeing with me, ( no one ever agrees with me). :( So much so I worry that should they get the chance, the pressure they would be under, and the expectations of the fans will be so high, nothing short of a hat-trick each would do. :dunno:

Lee P is having an off spell, I seem to remember Lee M having a couple of bad games a while back, he and was benched straight away. I'm not saying this is the answer but maybe take Lee P off to try Leroy and Lee M for the later stages of a game, which will either confirm our thoughts or shut us up.

Lee P and Roberts will never play well together, take my word on that, :rolleyes: as for Roberts and Lee M, I have no idea, I get the feeling Roberts maybe would rather go for glory himself than pass, but would love to be proved wrong.

I can't speak for the rest of the stikers, but I know Lee M never takes it for granted he will be in the starting 11.

Saturday's game will be the first I will be at since Hartlepool and I am really looking forward to it, if only to check out the team live, rather than just listening to someone elses opinion via the computer.

Lets hope the boys turn it on , and calm our fears, if only for another week.

Over the last 14 games, I believe I am right in saying that Miller has scored 2 and Peacock 4. Thats less than a goal every other game from our preffered striking partnership. It is not enough. Its also about 27% of the goals scored in that time.

Now, I do however have some mixed views. They are not allways getting great service. Peacock has also worked extremly hard in closing players down. It is far to simplistic to say the defense is good enough, it is up front we are weak. All the team is contributing to the defensive record, and I do think Peacock is working massivley hard.

On the other side I have always been a fan of the 'one big one, one nippy one' approach. It cannot now be conincidence we have not had a penalty all year - it does help if you have some possession in their box.

I actually think DW has had a long hard look at the resources available to him, and tried to play them the best way he can. He must be aware that he does not have the 'nippy' one, and obviously does not rate yet Lita or Roberts enough. His approach has therefore, with the stregths of the strikers he has, been to play a defensive line, and try and do a Wigan. The line "Danny, would it not be good if we had a natural goalscorer" may not be hugely surprising to him! A 11 match winning streak means he got it right for a good period, but it does mean we are not going to roll anyone over. Its high risk.

So what to do if it stops working? Loan striker - sure. Otherwise, it cannot be hugely high risk to give Lita or Roberts a go. A play off must surely be secure. We may as well roll the dice for automatic.

Archived