IGNORED

Adam Federici

Big Red Rich

I think he'll be more concerned that he won't get a game here.

Maybe he heard that Basso is a useless clown who's confidence is shot and he's going to be dropped at the first opportunity...

Then he sits an watches Basso have a great match!

I think he'll be more concerned that he won't get a game here.

Maybe he heard that Basso is a useless clown who's confidence is shot and he's going to be dropped at the first opportunity...

Then he sits an watches Basso have a great match!

Apart from spilling the shot which led to their first goal, of course...

Apart from spilling the shot which led to their first goal, of course...

I didn't actually see the match, as I've said elsewhere. But from what the radio said, comments on here and reports in the press and other websites, Basso had a much improved performance.

Not faultless, who ever has a faultless game, but improved?

Not taking account of the two deflections and whole host of players the ball travelled through, of course...

Did you actually see the goal?! He had the ball in his hands and his whole body behind the ball. Still it managed to squirm out and roll lamely to an opposition player. That mistake had nothing whatsoever to do with people stood in front of him.

And of course the fact that no defenders followed up when their scorer came running in. Why?

It happened too fast, the defenders had been facing away from the goal just starting to run out for offside when the shot came through them and it fell right to the forward.

The errors were in not shutting down the second cross, the keeper not taking the second cross instead of Showunmi heading it away, and not charging down the shot.

Archived