IGNORED

We Are Turning Into Bristol Rovers.

BB in Backwell

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

everyone has a price.

if he wants to go then there's nothing we can do about it. rather have a crap player who wants to wear the shirt than a good one who doesn't

Yes, we´ll end up like the Gas if we sell our best players - we´ll never get out this Division.

If we sell Cotterill then that to me smacks of ´no ambition´ within our Club. Very negative and then, whats the point?

Totally agree, but if a player wants to go, he goes. You cant have a player in your first team that doesnt really want to be. Where will there passion be?

Sorry folks but i think you're wrong. The difference between Cotterill and past youngsters is that he wont make the difference between us being promoted or not. He blows very much hot and cold and in the scheme of things £1mil that could be better spent.

Agreed! I think sometimes fans forget that we can't turn down £1,000,000 for a player at this level. Cotterill doesn't make our team and we have cover in Murray who's also a good player on his day (very much like Cotterill).

It would be nice to think we could find a replacement for him in the lower leagues for £300,000 or less and still have money left for other areas.

£1mil that could be better spent.

Sorry?

£1m that we won't see spent on players that even if it was made available to the manager isn't going to be of any use until January...

Murray on the right for a whole season? Not at his age. No left winger either. I guess we could just play 5 central midfielders? :dunno:

It would be nice to think we could find a replacement for him in the lower leagues for £300,000 or less and still have money left for other areas.

It would be nice to think that yes, but it's untrue. a) we won't find as good a player in the lower leagues b) we won't get the money to spend and c) transfer deadline today.

Sorry?

£1m that we won't see spent on players that even if it was made available to the manager isn't going to be of any use until January...

Murray on the right for a whole season? Not at his age. No left winger either. I guess we could just play 5 central midfielders? :dunno:

It would be nice to think that yes, but it's untrue. a) we won't find as good a player in the lower leagues b) we won't get the money to spend and c) transfer deadline today.

I hear that Swansea's got a good left winger called something Goodfellow... :ph34r:

although i agree with your stance Nibor don't forget the fact we can always still loan players with a view to a proper transfer at christmas, like Noble last year. but i do agree selling cotts right now would be counter productive.

This would all be very well, except for WE ARE NOT SELLING COTTERILL TO NORWICH FOR £1MILLION!!!

There are 10 hours left until the transfer deadline, and theres been nothing concrete at all, except for a post from what is probably a wind up merchant, and an article on the official forum in which Johnson "expects" interest.

Lets not criticise the club and the board over the basis of a totally unfounded rumour.

This would all be very well, except for WE ARE NOT SELLING COTTERILL TO NORWICH FOR £1MILLION!!!

There are 10 hours left until the transfer deadline, and theres been nothing concrete at all, except for a post from what is probably a wind up merchant, and an article on the official forum in which Johnson "expects" interest.

Lets not criticise the club and the board over the basis of a totally unfounded rumour.

And an article on the back of today's Evil Post, and the complete lack of a denial from the club.

Did you get out of the wronf side of bed this morning Nibor? Do you want a hug?

No, and no. I'm just far from happy about the idea of selling Cotterill when it's going to be impossible to get a replacement in for him of the same quality.

Sorry? Where did I mention it would be spent on players?

Then where could the £1m be better spent? How else other than spending it on players can we improve our chances of getting out of this division? What good is selling one of our better players going to do us?

Then where could the £1m be better spent? How else other than spending it on players can we improve our chances of getting out of this division? What good is selling one of our better players going to do us?

Well it could clear further debt, maybe make up the short fall in ground development, grantee the Academy for years. It depends on your point of view too be honest. It's about time the management started to build a solid financial base, rather than squandering money on rash decisions and poorly planned and managed projects.

Do you think his departure will really make a difference to the final outcome of our season? In my opinion and those who I have spoken to we all felt that in the scheme of things he offers little in final product, and although he may well be a superstar at the highest level one, it will not be with Bristol City even if he doesn't leave today.

A million pound certainly seems an amount that we should take, who knows what the market will be like in a few months, we may get less.

A player could come in on loan in the short term, who knows. None of us know what is available right now and what is going on behind the scenes. I'm sure Johnson has a few players in mind.

Well it could clear further debt, maybe make up the short fall in ground development, grantee the Academy for years. It depends on your point of view too be honest. It's about time the management started to build a solid financial base, rather than squandering money on rash decisions and poorly planned and managed projects.

Sensible suggestions, but the one thing which will help us do all of those is to get promoted. Not getting promoted means that we'll more than likely keep racking up debt and be unable to fund the ground development regardless of £1m.

Do you think his departure will really make a difference to the final outcome of our season? In my opinion and those who I have spoken to we all felt that in the scheme of things he offers little in final product, and although he may well be a superstar at the highest level one, it will not be with Bristol City even if he doesn't leave today.

Yes I do. He's a player who frightens the opposition, he's one of the few we have with genuine pace, and he's a threat. Yes, his end product needs to improve but it is improving. I feel that if he stayed with us he could well end up being player of the season - he certainly has the ability it's just about experience and confidence.

A million pound certainly seems an amount that we should take, who knows what the market will be like in a few months, we may get less.

We're under no pressure to sell, he was happy to sign a new 4 yr deal last year and just got engaged so although he might want to take an opportunity I doubt very much he's chomping at the bit to leave. We should only take the money if it improves our chances of getting promoted and I don't see how it can.

A player could come in on loan in the short term, who knows. None of us know what is available right now and what is going on behind the scenes. I'm sure Johnson has a few players in mind.

We're not going to find one in the next 9 hours, and loans limit you to very few players. I am certain we won't find one anywhere near as good as Cotts but I'll be happy to be proved wrong.

I agree we will not be able to find a player anywhere near the standard Cotterill.

I don't believe promotion is the only way to improve the finances. In the long term it clearly would, however I'm not convinced we are anywhere near prepared for the Championship. We don't have the stadium for starters.

Sure there's teams up there with worse than us, but it would be better to have all this in place with only the football to aim all the resources at, rather than a rush to improve facilities and waste money on interest payments.

It would be better to have it in place but I'm afraid we've rather proved with the East End £7m price tag that it ain't going to happen til we get there.

We can get enough fans in the doors as the stadium is now to make significantly more money out of Championship football, and don't forget that a significant proportion comes from away games so with average attendances being much higher there's more money there too.

It would be better to have it in place but I'm afraid we've rather proved with the East End £7m price tag that it ain't going to happen til we get there.

We can get enough fans in the doors as the stadium is now to make significantly more money out of Championship football, and don't forget that a significant proportion comes from away games so with average attendances being much higher there's more money there too.

The east end was with of the badly managed projects I referred to. It was a mess and the premier seating deck comes across as a haphazard, poorly subscribed alternative. A half measure if you will.

I agree that the increase in away fans will bring in a handsome revenue, but it is chicken feed in comparison with corporate boxes, improved catering facilities and the much touted "conference centre"

I guess that my avenue will not come to fruition, and the money, or at least part of it will be spent on players or indeed Cotterill is not sold which would make this conversation a mute point, albeit still an interesting one.

I hear that Swansea's got a good left winger called something Goodfellow... :ph34r:

He left Swansea in Jan for Grimsby, left Grimsby in July for Bury..... Anyway I don't think he's good enough, either that or Us, Swansea, Colchester, Port Vale and Grimsby have missed something.

Archived