IGNORED

Plymouth Are Up

PhatWill

They've been the most consistent team in the division this year and I can't see them failing to achieve promotion from the position they are in now.

I'll hold my hands up and say that when they lost 3-0 at Tranmere, I really thought they'd bottle it.

The way in which they bounce back from defeats is VERY impressive and something that this current City side should learn from.

They're up, its between us and QPR now in my humble opinion.

Although I was gutted yesterday, I still think that any of the 3 can win the league. Plymouth have given themselves the best opportunity but I don't believe that it's only whether they throw it away now. Remember they BOTH have to play us at AG.

They are must-win games (as if ANY of them aren't now!).

Plenty of games left.

COME ON YOU REDS!

Spot On.

My 1 2 3 would be:

1.PLY

2.QPR

3.CITY

Not mentally tough enough and don't score enough goals.

Our run-in is the stuff of nightmares as well.

We needed to be clear at the top come the start of April to attain promotion and it doesn't look like we will be now.

THAT said, ever the optimist, we are fully capable of winning enough games to go up - its going to be very close though.

as for mental toughness - I'll guess we'll see in a few games.

No, sorry seen this one before somewhere...Blackpool away (5-1) Chesterfield away (2-0)...

Too many of our players lack balls when the going gets tough...

Guest Bootylicious

Totally agree.

It is commendable the way in which they bounce back from defeats. Our lads should take note.

QPR have a better goal difference than us aswell (which could be crucial) and with the signing of Cureton, Gnohere and a.n other midfield player, it seems they have strengthened at the right time.

Could come down to who handles the pressure the most....and I'm afraid to say it but this City lot just cant handle it when the pressure is on them.

Come on you lot cheer up! Sending these sorts of vibes to the team is worse than booing! Still a long way to go, lets have faith until it becomes mathematically impossible. remember we were top 2 games ago! So we can't be that far off the pace and that different to Plymouth.

I totaly disagree with all of this.

In our last 13 games we have won 11,drawn 1 and lost 1.If this isnt championship winning form I dont know what is.

True we have seen all of this before at this stage in the season and true we have gone on to bottle it.....I dont think this will be the case this year.We're more experience now and our 'young players' are now regarded as seasoned professionals.This counts for alot.

A slight stutter in form usually brings out the doubters (couldnt hear you 5 games ago) and to say we havent got what it takes to get automatic promotion,to me,seems crazy.

Do you think the players are thinking we cant finish in the top two now and are aimming for the play offs? Of course not.They all believe that we can win the league.So do I.

How many of the 4000+ will be at Stockport?????

I think it'd be a case of who can afford it!
I'm sure if we had Arsenal away in the cup on saturday people would find the money from somewhere! (bring on the 'we are out of the cup', 'Barnsley already knocked us out' responses)

Guest east_dundry_red
I think it'd be a case of who can afford it!
There isd that.

though i wont be at stockport due to being on rugby tour. as city are playing i should be celebrating a victory over bournemouth while england are stuffing ireland! Hopefully to round it off city and arsenal will win to make my day!

Spot On.

My 1 2 3 would be:

1.PLY

2.QPR

3.CITY

Not mentally tough enough and don't score enough goals.

We might well finish 3rd, but Swinedead will still go up, they will beat who ever finishes third, as in beating Tranmere 2-0 tonite.

Suddenly promotion dont look so bloody likely!!!

We might well finish 3rd, but Swinedead will still go up, they will beat who ever finishes third, as in beating Tranmere 2-0 tonite.

Suddenly promotion dont look so bloody likely!!!

Why so much negativity???

Course we are going up. :rolleyes:

Why so much negativity???

I have a bad feelin bout Swinedead, as do two QPR supporters who work with me.

Who ever of us two sides finish 3rd will play Swinedead, in the final and will lose. I had this feeeling about Baadiff, and the previous years winners too.

Dont like it, but the feeling is there. IF we get a decent striker, I dont think it will be an issue, but...

Can only hope Plymuff blow up, without their main man.............

Archived