IGNORED

So What Now?

BCFC Grim

Basing Gj does not get anybody in in the next two hours, which is highly unlikey, where do we go from here?

The fee is a good price, i cant argue with that, but we what good is it now, when we cant even bring anyone in.

We have nothing on the left, and nothing on the right. How can a team get promoted, with these gaps . Promotion is a long way off i feel .I fear January may be to late! I prey I'm wrong! :pray:

All you have to look at is the players we have sold in the pass and where they are now? What good has it done. We are still rotting away in this division due to selling our best assets.

Will we ever learn.

Am i being very negative or are other people just as concerned?

Basing Gj does not get anybody in in the next two hours, which is highly unlikey, where do we go from here?

The fee is a good price, i cant argue with that, but we what good is it now, when we cant even bring anyone in.

We have nothing on the left, and nothing on the right. How can a team get promoted, with these gaps . Promotion is a long way off i feel .I fear January may be to late! I prey I'm wrong! :pray:

All you have to look at is the players we have sold in the pass and where they are now? What good has it done. We are still rotting away in this division due to selling our best assets.

Will we ever learn.

Am i being very negative or are other people just as concerned?

We simply could not refuse £2 million for Cotterill. We'd have found it hard to refuse £1 million to be honest.

£2 million for an unfinished player, who shines sporadically but also often goes missing in the THIRD TIER of English football is a great deal for the club.

Next week, Cotts could break a leg, or drop off form entirely a la Aaron Brown, Clayton Fortune or the many other young talents we've held on to only for them to fade away.

I have no doubt that Cotterill will become a great player for Wigan, but £2 million is a far better deal than I ever expected for him.

Money talks, unfortunately, at our level. We had several seasons with players like Hill, Doherty, Brown, Peacock, Coles and the rest of the big-name boys, and still couldn't make it out of this division. Every sale we've made has had it's reasons, as with Lita, this one is money-related. You can't argue that it's not a good deal for the club, the question comes now - what happens to the money? A reasonable percentage must go to GJ to buy two new players, two wingers with pace, that we've been missing. We have the players to get us through till January, lets take it from there.

We now have a grand total of 4 people that qualify as strikers- Brooks, Jevo, Williams and Enoch. All of them are either in the starting 11 or on the bench. And whoever reckons that Enoch can be moulded into a winger is clearly deluded- 2 games, done at least 4 times in the same position.

Suddenly our decision to offload Marcus to Yeovil has put us in an awkward spot where we can't afford to lose a single striker to serious injury, otherwhise we will have to look forward to many games where Enoch and Jevo/Jennison will have to shuffle positions, and I'd rather they didn't. Cotts had been greedy and trigger-shy at times, but as soon as it started to change he's gone and we have less than 90 minutes to change it.

We simply could not refuse £2 million for Cotterill. We'd have found it hard to refuse £1 million to be honest.

£2 million for an unfinished player, who shines sporadically but also often goes missing in the THIRD TIER of English football is a great deal for the club.

Next week, Cotts could break a leg, or drop off form entirely a la Aaron Brown, Clayton Fortune or the many other young talents we've held on to only for them to fade away.

I have no doubt that Cotterill will become a great player for Wigan, but £2 million is a far better deal than I ever expected for him.

Money talks, unfortunately, at our level. We had several seasons with players like Hill, Doherty, Brown, Peacock, Coles and the rest of the big-name boys, and still couldn't make it out of this division. Every sale we've made has had it's reasons, as with Lita, this one is money-related. You can't argue that it's not a good deal for the club, the question comes now - what happens to the money? A reasonable percentage must go to GJ to buy two new players, two wingers with pace, that we've been missing. We have the players to get us through till January, lets take it from there.

Wise words, totally agree

• Admin

You are right, but it is VERY frustrating that we go through this year after year - it is basically impossible to try to build a team with any real talent as they get snapped up quicker than we can establish them in the team nowadays !

I wish Dave all the best at Wigan and hope he does well and he must really be rated by Jewell if hes willing to spend £2m on an 18 year old. But what has really annoyed me is the timing because we haven't had time to get anyone else in. We have no genuine pace in the team apart from Williams and I'm not exactly looking forward to Saturday.

Cotts wouldnt have been playing anyway but its a big blow and considering Murrays recent form i think we could be struggling for an attacking threat.

Firstly, £2M plus sell on is excellent business. I think DC will be a really good player, but you can't sasy no to that money, even if there is no time to replace him.

Secondly, splashing the cash in January is not the way, unless you get exactly what you want - perhaps one special player. We've seen teams with no money get promotion from this league. It's all about attitude, hard work, togetherness...and a bit of quality.

Thirdly, the money will allow us to tempt players with decent wages - loans & emegency loans etc.

Fourthly, don't knock SL. Hid money has kpet the club afloat.

Archived