IGNORED

Danny Blames The Crowd

compostcorner

in the western daily press, danny says he feels the crowd let the team down against wycombe, he almost blamed the defeat on the quietness of the fans. if you read this danny, any more ill conceived comments and excuses for poor performances on the pitch, and you"ll be shown the door son.

Guest Bootylicious

He baffles me at times!

Why doesnt he just come out and say: "We got ourselves into some good positions but the ball in the final 3rd was woeful. We will need to be sharper in this area if we are to gain automatic promotion and the lads will be in all day every day this week so we can work on creating and finishing chances".

At least then we will know he is addressing the problem!

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

He said' At times it went quiet and there are times when we need that vociferous support that can make things happen'

Is this blaming the crowd in anyway or simply pointing out the fact. Lets face it without the East end of late Ashton gate is a quiet ground.

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus
Endless renditions of "If you hate the gas stand up" is hardly supporting the team or adds little to the atmosphere.
Personally I believe Rovers aren't our rivals anymore I couldn't give a t**s about em I don't think I could even name 3 of their players. Its about time we all got behind City as after all we all want the same thing.

in the western daily press, danny says he feels the crowd let the team down against wycombe, he almost blamed the defeat on the quietness of the fans. if you read this danny, any more ill conceived comments and excuses for poor performances on the pitch, and you"ll be shown the door son.

oh dear mr wilson :rolleyes:

yes a atmosphere can help but the bottom line is.

:Costumed19: THE CROWD IS NOT THE ONE'S KICKING

THE SODDING BALL AROUND THE PITCH sort it out :(

danny says he feels the crowd let the team down against wycombe,

he almost blamed the defeat on the quietness of the fans??? defeat ???

i thought we drew just goes to show he had

his attention on the crowd rather than the game :dunno:

Guest weqprarebetterthanu

Sack Wilson already thats a bit premature like the East Stand boys and your boastful predictions of automatic promotion.

Reckon you will struggle to get 10K in the cow shed v Stockport.

Guess what i think that bubble has well and truly burst !

In the words of that old footie song

"And its all gone quiet over there" :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12:

Yes we were worried but not now reckon its another anti climax for the Bristols :P:P

It really has gone quiet where are they all hiding now or perhaps that bump down to earth has made you all a little shy.

Poor worried little west country bunnies now !

TOM F ,were you addressing me or your auto promotion hopes or perhaps it was "bye" to us as we going up"

It really has gone quiet where are they all hiding now or perhaps that bump down to earth has made you all a little shy.

Poor worried little west country bunnies now !

What a pathetic ######!

Sorry, am i mistaken or are we still 2nd - yes, 3 points clear of you actually!!!

A game in hand is nothing unless you win, dont forget about a certain journey to ashton Gate yet BTW.

Come back on this forum at the end of the season and we'll see how cocky you are then.

:rolleyes:

Tom not aware the site was just about constructive debate having been a regular for a wee bit .

The banter has been flying both ways but if your telling me its constructive debate on this site i shall have to take your word for it.

I do feel that ashton gate isn't hostile enough. I think we could have won atleast one penalty lastnight had the crowd got on the back of the ref. The crowd was quiet at times and it doesn't help the team. Last season if it was 1-1 in the last few minutes that place would have been buzzing urging city on but it doesn't seem to be the case any more

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

I do agree with us not being hostile enough In no way do I condone football violence I do think there is a place for putting off and getting on away players backs and the ref for that one. Just simple things like giving the corner taker a lot of stick I think would help even if players are taking a couple of seconds taking throwings by shouting get on with it at em must surely p**s em off.

Bristol City manager Danny Wilson has urged supporters not to panic after their 1-1 draw with struggling Wycombe, who are bottom of Division Two.

He told BBC Radio Bristol: "One or two people might be having doubts outside the club, but we're certainly not.

"We need the help of the fans. We don't want them as a hindrance, but at times it did go very quiet.

"When things are a little tight, we do need that vociferous support we know they can provide for us."

doesn't seem to be blaming the supporters to me!

Bristol City manager Danny Wilson has urged supporters not to panic after their 1-1 draw with struggling Wycombe, who are bottom of Division Two.

He told BBC Radio Bristol: "One or two people might be having doubts outside the club, but we're certainly not.

"We need the help of the fans. We don't want them as a hindrance, but at times it did go very quiet.

"When things are a little tight, we do need that vociferous support we know they can provide for us."

doesn't seem to be blaming the supporters to me!

Agree, seems like a reasonable comment to me - it was quiet and Danny always says he wants the crowd to help lift the team when we aren't playing so well. So what's wrong with that??

Just seems some people will find anything to have a go at the manager, as many posts on this forum have proved - even when we are 2nd!!!!!

Bizarre :rolleyes:

Agree, seems like a reasonable comment to me - it was quiet and Danny always says he wants the crowd to help lift the team when we aren't playing so well.  So what's wrong with that??

Just seems some people will find anything to have a go at the manager, as many posts on this forum have proved - even when we are 2nd!!!!!

Bizarre  :dunno:

Some of this clubs most ardent and vociferous fans have banning orders? Lift the ban on these wayward but noisey fans and maybe that'll help get the atmosphere back :rolleyes:

Up the City

Guest bemmyred

It might help if he was a little more positive himself than with his usual negative pre match interview.

Driving down last night I couldnt believe same old #### of Wycombe being a hard working side and very organised and it will be hard to break them down and we will have to be patient . So just have a look at the bl##dy league table, because according to him there isnt one bad side in it !!!!

Dannys words from today`s Western Daily Press

Wilson Believed the Ashton Gate crowd could have done more to drive his men on.

We want the help of the fans, we don`t want them as a hindrance.

We want this place to be somewhere where nobody wants to come here and play us and I think at times it went very, very quite. It dosen`t always go your way but any little bit of encouragement will help!

It might help if he was a little more positive himself than with his usual negative pre match interview.

Driving down last night I couldnt believe same old #### of Wycombe being a hard working side and very organised and it will be hard to break them down and we will have to be patient . So just have a look at the bl##dy league table, because according to him there isnt one bad side in it !!!!

On last night's performance he was dead right.

oh dear mr wilson  :D

yes a atmosphere can help but the bottom line is.

:Costumed19: THE CROWD IS NOT THE ONE'S KICKING

THE SODDING BALL AROUND THE PITCH sort it out :angry:

danny says he feels the crowd let the team down against wycombe,

he almost blamed the defeat on the quietness of the fans???  defeat ???

i thought we drew just goes to show he had

his attention on the crowd rather than the game  :D

You ######* what???? Is this serious or what?? :rolleyes::dunno:

Christ I was falling asleep listening to it. :Sleep12:

Danny Boy, if the team aint inspiring, the fans get disillusioned. Actually, although not the noisest EE, you could hear it, especially the Leroy, Leroy chants!! :angry:

Get a grip, its the 11 playing and subs who are to blame, or the management team.

At the end of the day, the fans didnt boo you off, unlike the previous Wycombe game :(

Jeez!!! :D

Archived