IGNORED

2 Million

stortfordred

Well 2 million more or less equals the amount City lose each year.

We actually need to sell one Dave Cotterill or Leroy Lita every year to keep the club above water.

That's one view; the view that City are a selling club and that approach will probably mean that making money from success on the field is unlikely: sell our best players and we are never going to get out of this poxy division.

I'm not sure whether to feel gutted or not. I suppose deep down I realise that the ambitious players are always going to leave a Third Division Club and without doubt being an international turns people's heads. However I just can't accept that we're going to remain a Third division club even if losing our best players makes it more likely.

I suppose the brutal reality of days like this is that even if we don't get promotion then at least we won't be insolvent.

• Admin

Maybe but we WONT get the money in one lump sum, it will probably be paid over a number of months and these kind of deals are always dependent on league survival etc . . .

Will be interested to see how much of this money gets re-invested into the team - lets hope we don't have another Dunford scenario where money made on signings goes awol

• Admin

Well 2 million more or less equals the amount City lose each year.

We actually need to sell one Dave Cotterill or Leroy Lita every year to keep the club above water.

That's one view; the view that City are a selling club and that approach will probably mean that making money from success on the field is unlikely: sell our best players and we are never going to get out of this poxy division.

I'm not sure whether to feel gutted or not. I suppose deep down I realise that the ambitious players are always going to leave a Third Division Club and without doubt being an international turns people's heads. However I just can't accept that we're going to remain a Third division club even if losing our best players makes it more likely.

I suppose the brutal reality of days like this is that even if we don't get promotion then at least we won't be insolvent.

Last year was Lita and we struggled before rallying and almost making the play-offs and renewing hope for the following season.

This year was Cotterill, what price we struggle before rallying and almost making the play-offs and renewing hope for the following season.

Next year will be Brooker, what price we struggle before rallying and almost making the play-offs and renewing hope for the following season.

The following year will be Williams, what price we struggle before rallying and almost making the play-offs and renewing hope for the following season.

Ad infinitum......

Last year was Lita and we struggled before rallying and almost making the play-offs and renewing hope for the following season.

moan...

This year was Cotterill, what price we struggle before rallying and almost making the play-offs and renewing hope for the following season.

moan...

Next year will be Brooker, what price we struggle before rallying and almost making the play-offs and renewing hope for the following season.

moan...

The following year will be Williams, what price we struggle before rallying and almost making the play-offs and renewing hope for the following season.

moan...

Ad infinitum......

:rofl2br:

dude, you need to relax. we sold one single player, nowhere near as important as lita was or brooker can be, for a massive amount over what an of us expected, why oh why are you reaching for the sleeping pills?

what would you do with yourself if we actually won promotion? can you be positive about city at all ?

Ad infinitum......

True right agree (unusualy)round and round we go; been here before and will be here again; there will be many who think this is fine; chances of max 10% of this money going on a player to encourage season ticket sales next season :disapointed2se:

Archived