IGNORED

What Would You Have Done In Their Situation?

Big Red Rich

Your Steve Lansdown and you've just been offered £2m+ for a player largely unproven at any level, but had shown great potential. You have an acadamy to finance which isn't cheap but has the chance to churn out some more million pound plus players. Your losing money which MUST be financed from somewhere. You have areas that need to be strengthened within the playing side.

Would you sell?

Your Dave Cotterill and all of your life you've dreamed about playing in the Premiership. You wern't even ten years old when the Premiership was in full flow. You've got the chance to play against Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and perhaps even in Europe. You've got the chance to play with some great players and play for a club which is clearly going places. You play for a currently average League one side with a lot of work to do to get the club to a decent league position.

A club comes in and offers to up your wages by thousands of pounds a week. Do you want to go? Similarly, how would you feel if you had been held back? Would you continue to play to your potential knowing that your club is unwilling to sell you, even at a megabucks price?

And finally, you are a die hard fan of a football club who have just sold a prominent yet fledgling member of the first team for £2m+, money that is heavily needed by the club to keep it going in hopefully the right direction.

Are you happy? And if not, who do you blame? The player? The chairman? The manager?

Lets face it, in my opinion we couldn't hold DC back from joining a Premiership club and we couldn't turn down such a significant sum of money. Put it another way, if preston were offerered £2m for Dave Nugent I think they would accept it, and he HAS done a lot more than DC, in a higher division and played for a major nations U'21.

We have got a good deal out of it. We lost over £1m on the failure to cash in on Aaron Brown and Clayton Fortune for whatever reason, I for one would be very very annoyed if this happened again.

Over to you............

Archived