IGNORED

Chairman

mtraveller

lets give steve some credit. 2million for a lad who lets face it has done very little to warrant such a high fee. in the future it might prove to be a great deal for wigan. 2 million plus a sell on is a great deal for city at this time. i only hope a fair bit of the money is given to gary for new players.

lets give steve some credit. 2million for a lad who lets face it has done very little to warrant such a high fee. in the future it might prove to be a great deal for wigan. 2 million plus a sell on is a great deal for city at this time. i only hope a fair bit of the money is given to gary for new players.

Absolutely. This is a great deal for the club. Sad to see Cotts go, but there is no way the club could have turned down such a stunning offer. We have more promising young players that need bringing through, and hopefully this will increase their chances.

Without Cotts last Tuesday we would still be in the Bargin Basemet!!.

So thanks to John Toshack for allowing him to play in the first place and to the Wigan manager for watching Sky!!.

Wonder if Steve L will use the money to pay off some of the money loaned by him to City??.

:farmer:

It's a touch niave to think that Wigan shelled out £2m + on the strength of one game. Clearly they will have had him watched for some time, and the timing of his performance on Tuesday is co-incidental given the transfer window closure.

And what the club do with the cash is down to the board. Frankly, it may bode better long term for the club to shift some of it's heavy debt burdens than splash out on over rated players when we can utilise the loan system instead.

Cott's is a loss, but not a major one. I personally think he was too greedy on the ball and too inconsistent. Sure he's only young and will surely improve, but £2m+ is a great bit of business. He can be replaced from within the squad at a push, and through the loan system at worst. Frankly I was much more disappointed when we lost Anyinsah.

I applaud the chairman for keeping City afloat, keeping the acadamy going so we can continue to "breed" premiership players. He gets a lot of stick from people who don`t understand that we need to sell to stay afloat. Even the big teams have to sell for one reason or another. Viera, Reyes. Ashley Cole, Rooney Van Nisterooy etc, its football.

Well done Steve

:chant6ez:

Archived