IGNORED

We Are Officially A Small Club Now

tin

Forget the amount of money involved because we all know that is irrelevant as GJ wont get a penny of that to spend and the chance to replace Cotts has already gone. But this is the third £1m+ deal that we have done in the last three years with Lita, Golbourne and now Cotts and it really ****s me off.

Regardless of how good or bad the fee is, what really gets under my skin is that we have to endure the frustrating performances of these individuals yet when they come good we accept the first sign of money. Where did the ambition of our club go?

We used to be a club that was on par with Reading and Wigan , the two clubs we have given our brightest prospects to yet five years ago and we used to go out spending money to try and achieve our goals and fighting toe-to-toe with clubs like this. If we harbour realisitc ambitions to get out of this sh*t league and progress as a club then its about time we get our ambition back.

We can't keep going on selling these players without replacing them with players of sufficient quality if we want to go anywhere. It breaks my heart to say it but we are nothing but a pathetic selling club now and the club will only stay stagnant or continue to down the football pyramid if this continues.

We can't keep building these players from scratch and selling them otherwise we will be in this damn league for the forseeable future

Forget the amount of money involved because we all know that is irrelevant as GJ wont get a penny of that to spend and the chance to replace Cotts has already gone. But this is the third £1m+ deal that we have done in the last three years with Lita, Golbourne and now Cotts and it really ****s me off.

Regardless of how good or bad the fee is, what really gets under my skin is that we have to endure the frustrating performances of these individuals yet when they come good we accept the first sign of money. Where did the ambition of our club go?

We used to be a club that was on par with Reading and Wigan , the two clubs we have given our brightest prospects to yet five years ago and we used to go out spending money to try and achieve our goals and fighting toe-to-toe with clubs like this. If we harbour realisitc ambitions to get out of this sh*t league and progress as a club then its about time we get our ambition back.

We can't keep going on selling these players without replacing them with players of sufficient quality if we want to go anywhere. It breaks my heart to say it but we are nothing but a pathetic selling club now and the club will only stay stagnant or continue to down the football pyramid if this continues.

We can't keep building these players from scratch and selling them otherwise we will be in this damn league for the forseeable future

The amount of money is VERY VERY relevant. Yes we used to be bigger than both Wigan and Reading. Yes we used to go toe to toe and even out bid both of these clubs. However, thay both have very rich backers that put their money where their mouth is. SL isn't in the same league as Majeski ( sp ) or Dave Whelan.

As I've said before, City are a big fish in a small pond in this division. When a Premiership team comes sniffing we're a tadpole in the Pacific!!!

not only the money but the bidder - £2m from the Gas we can turn down £2m from any premiership club forget it!

Ok..But you have to consider the player regarding the bidder. If I had millions and decided I wanted to buy YOU to play for my local non league team will you want to come...NO

However, If I was Abramivich ( sp again!! ) and decided to offer the same amount for YOU and paid you the same wages would you want to come..YES

Why do you say this?

£2M is £2M regardless of where it's from.

I think he's saying we could turn it down from the gas, because the player wouldnt be fussed about going there.... Where as if we blocked the players opportunity to play in the premiership, we would have a very unhappy player and no 2 million quid

I think he's saying we could turn it down from the gas, because the player wouldnt be fussed about going there.... Where as if we blocked the players opportunity to play in the premiership, we would have a very unhappy player and no 2 million quid

Unless he's a closet Gashead. :whistle:

Unfortunately, we have always been a small club. Apart from the late 70's we have been a moderate second, but mostly third, division club.

Just accept it. I have and still go and support us against whatever team we are playing.

Before we got relegated in 1999, we did indeed spend more time as a 2nd Division Club, than a 3rd Division Club...

It's only since then, that we've averaged more time playing Football as a 3rd Division Club...

With those two above facts in mind, it sickens me to say that I feel we're going backwards as a Club, rather than forwards, until the day comes when we finally get promoted back to 2nd tier level... :(

Archived