IGNORED

If Selling Cotterill For £2m Is Unambitious

Big Red Rich

On an inconsistent 18 year old, with no experience of getting promotion at any sort of professional level.

Would we be ambitious or stupid?

Would you A) be jumping up and down with excitement that this is our ticket out of this league? Or B) saying that we've just wasted an obscene amount on an unproven, inconsistent 18 year old?

I know which one I'd be thinking................

Kind of puts a different slant on it, doesnt it?

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

very good point.

however you missed that he's played for wales and is the most capped under 21 welsh player at the moment but i'd still say B.

It's all relative though - if we were in the Premiership with a reputed £20m transfer kitty burning a hole in our pocket I imagine most people would be excited about bringing in a promising young international for a mere £2m.

Likewise if we buy 2 or 3 players in January who are young and talented from this league and below for a couple of hundred k each I imagine there'll be a fair bit of A).

I'd like to see us splash out on an experienced but not over the hill midfield general and a pacy quality left winger. I think Murray with Wring and Brown as backup might well be ok on the right, but we still don't have a real left winger.

It's all relative though - if we were in the Premiership with a reputed £20m transfer kitty burning a hole in our pocket I imagine most people would be excited about bringing in a promising young international for a mere £2m.

Likewise if we buy 2 or 3 players in January who are young and talented from this league and below for a couple of hundred k each I imagine there'll be a fair bit of A).

I'd like to see us splash out on an experienced but not over the hill midfield general and a pacy quality left winger. I think Murray with Wring and Brown as backup might well be ok on the right, but we still don't have a real left winger.

yeah so maybe its good business all round, for us, dave and wigan however for norwich it would have been bad for all except us!

2 Million quid for any 18 yr old who plays 3rd division football is a complete joke in my opinion, I imagine Steve L was pissing his pants with laughter when he heard this. It's a great bit of business, I have yet to have been convinced by Cotts that he was good enough and consistent enough. (I don't doubt he will be) and I have not missed a home game for a few years.

I'm amazed by the Rooneylike 'Lovein' that appears every time a player leaves for a large sum of money. - 1 playes does not make a team.

very good point.

however you missed that he's played for wales and is the most capped under 21 welsh player at the moment but i'd still say B.

Look at the current Wales U'21 side:

Wales Under 21 Squad to face Turkey in Cardiff (2 September): Lewis Price (Ipswich Town), Ashley Morris (Merthyr Tydfil), Gareth Bale (Southampton), Kyle Critchell (Southampton), Lloyd James (Southampton), Neal Eardley (Oldham Athletic), Joe Jacobson (Cardiff City), Simon Spender (Wrexham), Mike Williams (Wrexham), Craig Morgan (MK Dons), Arron Davies (Yeovil Town), Matthew Collins (Fulham), David Edwards (Shrewsbury Town), Craig Moses (Merthyr Tydfil), Shaun MacDonald (Swansea City), Lewis Haldane (Bristol Rovers), Stuart Fleetwood (Hereford United).

I'd be dissapointed not getting into that squad if I was Welsh! Lewis Haldane is in there! I mean, come on.......

2 Million quid for any 18 yr old who plays 3rd division football is a complete joke in my opinion, I imagine Steve L was pissing his pants with laughter when he heard this. It's a great bit of business, I have yet to have been convinced by Cotts that he was good enough and consistent enough. (I don't doubt he will be) and I have not missed a home game for a few years.

I'm amazed by the Rooneylike 'Lovein' that appears every time a player leaves for a large sum of money. - 1 playes does not make a team.

i agree.

no-one even mentioned him or his quality before he left but now they all cry. i run a poll on city's best player and cotterill got 5 votes out of 60. so he barely stood out much did he?

spot on. :chant6ez: look at what we got for Lita "you lookin' at me punk?" Lita. yes, we lost a quality goalscorer, but to be honest it sounds like he might been a good move for us. with the 'exposure' he's had the last year at reading i'd be amazed if he'd valued at £1 mill plus sell-on right now.

Look at the current Wales U'21 side:

Wales Under 21 Squad to face Turkey in Cardiff (2 September): Lewis Price (Ipswich Town), Ashley Morris (Merthyr Tydfil), Gareth Bale (Southampton), Kyle Critchell (Southampton), Lloyd James (Southampton), Neal Eardley (Oldham Athletic), Joe Jacobson (Cardiff City), Simon Spender (Wrexham), Mike Williams (Wrexham), Craig Morgan (MK Dons), Arron Davies (Yeovil Town), Matthew Collins (Fulham), David Edwards (Shrewsbury Town), Craig Moses (Merthyr Tydfil), Shaun MacDonald (Swansea City), Lewis Haldane (Bristol Rovers), Stuart Fleetwood (Hereford United).

I'd be dissapointed not getting into that squad if I was Welsh! Lewis Haldane is in there! I mean, come on.......

but still its like you cant judge giggs and bellamy in the wales team being crap because they play in the same team as sam ricketts of hull can you?

Archived