IGNORED

Will It Really Be That Bad?

Red Cloud

To be honest, I would sack the lot of them. Think about it people. If you were charged with affray wouldn't your employer take a very dim view. They might even sack you.

Now, seeing that all four of the players in question are in the public eye I think the strongest possible action should be taken. Ok, so we'd loose Brooker but isn't loosing him better than looking like chumps!

Remember, the club is a proud club. It's an old cliche but nobody is bigger than the club.

To be honest, I would sack the lot of them. Think about it people. If you were charged with affray wouldn't your employer take a very dim view. They might even sack you.

Now, seeing that all four of the players in question are in the public eye I think the strongest possible action should be taken. Ok, so we'd loose Brooker but isn't loosing him better than looking like chumps!

Remember, the club is a proud club. It's an old cliche but nobody is bigger than the club.

You'd love that wouldnt you mate, absolutely love it.

I don't think they should have any further punishment, is a month in jail not bad enough?

:o

OK, they ###### up, we know that, they let the club and the fans down. How does sacking them help? Why should we sack them just because your or my employer might? It's irrelevant.

I'll bet that they hugely regret what happened, and will do everything they can to make it right. Loyalty works both ways, they both just signed new contracts and they are both players who play with heart on the pitch. We shouldn't write them off. We should take every step necessary to make sure it doesn't happen again, punish them accordingly and severely, and then support them getting through this and back onto the pitch as soon as possible. That's what's best for the club.

Personally I would stick with the players they know they have made a mistake, then have been punished by the Law. They will serve there time and should be able to move on with their lives. Sacking them isn't needed.

When they come back they will come back having learned a hard lesson and being much stronger characters for this. Hopefully it will be a case of, if we stick by them, they will stick by us.........no doubt though it explains why tensions were running so high with orr on tuesday, and explains Brookers poor form this season

Let me reiterate something important that was rudely deleted by some mod on a power trip..

If we sack them, our rival clubs, Huddersfield, Forest, Doncaster, Swansea etc will just snap up Brooker without any hesitation, and why shouldnt they?

They wont give a damn,..

Its just stupid if you ask me.

I think losing him would make us look like chumps to be honest! Especially when he's snatched up by a Championship side and does well for them! And also they aren't saying they are bigger than the club. OK they made mistakes. But they are getting put away for it and are most likely not going to do it again are they? Personally I think GJ should just let them know where they stand - but not sack them.

How can we ever let these players back after they have betrayed the club!

Its going to be a hard decision to sack Brooker but the board must surely be considering it!

Other players have been jailed, including Tony Adams, who went on to have a distinguished career for Arsenal and England.

These blokes won't have an easy time in prison, they committed a crime and must accept the consequences. Hopefully they will return and be better players and better people, and I cannot see how they have betrayed the club any more than another person jailed would have betrayed their employer. I hope that the club will stick by them and bring them back to resume their careers.

I think they should have been sacked if they had been found guilty but NOT imprisoned. As it is, the law has spoken and imprisonment is their punishment - I don't see why the club should do anything else. When they have served the delivered sentence they have paid their debt to society and so we should all move on. Firing them settles nothing. If we want Partridge out for footballing reasons he should be transferred for footballing reasons, we shouldn't be looking to this as an excuse - IMHO

Sacked? No way should the club sack any of them, the players are all guilty of being stupid on a night out that has been punished through the courts, some may say harsh; but not many of us really know what went on that night to warrant the sentences dished out.

They all are genuine lads who made a mistake, and will probably be sat around for the next few weeks sorting their minds out, assessing their lives their mistakes and how they will strive to become better people because of this experience.

Sometimes it takes a major shock to the system for people to realise what they have and what they are throwing away.

Their team mates will hopefully take this on board too and start realising what it takes to be a professional footballer, what it means to the fans of the club, the money men at the club but most importantly to themselves and their families. They don't need to be thrown out of the club to prove they did wrong, it's something they will have to live with for the rest of their lives, and that's the biggest punishment they will ever get.

Archived