IGNORED

You're Only As Good

Godzilla

Or so the saying goes, and we're not that great!

Last night summed up all that I hate about this Division. Wycombe got the goal, and put 10 men behind the ball happy with a point.

Now that's fair enough, they got a fantastic draw against the 2nd placed club, but how many teams do this at Ashton Gate? Well atleast 75% of the league do it.

As usual, when it came to breaking Wycombe down in the last 15 minutes, we couldn't because 1. The movement, particularly from our center midfield, was none existent and 2. Our final ball is rubbish.

Bringing Tinnion on for Wilkshire was great until Wycombe scored and we needed movement and awareness to break them down, the two biggest qualities Luke gives us. Instead, once again, our midfield is too deep to break a team down, and we look predictable and helpless.

Goodfellow was good last night, he was direct, he showed pace, and he got involved. But his delivery is abysmal. How many times did he deliver quality into the box? I'm struggling to think of even one occasion. You can blame that on him being a left footed player playing on the right wing, or you can look at the fact that when he cut back he still failed to deliver a half decent ball into the box.

So, everyone calls for Leroy to be brought on. Great. What does he do? Nothing. By this time we're actually getting some half decent crosses into the box, usually from Tinnion and Doherty who offer themselves out wide, there's either nobody getting into the box (Something Wilkshire does do) or our strikers can't attack the ball effectively (Peacock being inept in the air, should've scored with atleast one of the two free headers he had, and Leroy being just too small). Who is good in the air? That's right, Lee Miller. And where's he? Enough said.

Danny Coles defended well last night, looked solid and assured. But his distrubution? An absolute joke, to be quite honest.

No, I'm not panicking. I'm just telling you what I saw last night, and it was dissapointing, wasn't it? I don't doubt the players can bounce back and respond to a couple of dissapointing results and get back to winning ways. But here is the test, how do they respond. We had this in our own hands and with room for error. Now we've made those errors, it's imperative we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down, and get back to what we were doing well before; winning.

We've almost put ourselves in the position that Saturday's game is a must win, and against a poor Stockport side, I won't hide my dissapointment at not winning.

But last night wasn't good enough. Here's where we must show real character and bounce back. That's what real champions do.

Over to you City.

Archived