IGNORED

Let Down By Bristol City

LoyalRed

I don't get to watch Bristol City much but I do follow their results and listen to their games when I can.

The past week has been a joke for this football club!

I watched the game on Tuesday night and apart from one 'weak link' in the team 'Enouch isn't a winger!' the performance was very good, in particular Dave Cotterill.

When City sold him at 11pm (transfer deadline evening) I couldn't help feeling cheated as although 2 million is great business, how much of this money will ever be spent on transfers. In fact if the club knew he would possibly be sold, then why not think of getting a replacement in. Now the transfer window is shut with us being 2Million up with a player down.

Hearing the news yesterday about Brooker, Orr & Partridge being sent to jail only makes me think how stupid the board/management have been. I know this is the only place to voice an opinion and I know no-one listens to it but we have seen Bridges leave for nothing, and now he is worth 350k, our best keeper for years was left to rot in the reserves before being farmed out to Rovers and now Stewart who would have done anything to play & score goals for this club was shipped out shortly before Brooker went down.....and subsequently scored a great header yesterday (and scored in most of the pre-season games this season).

I can't help but feel that this club is turning into a joke, I hope I am proven wrong!

I don't get to watch Bristol City much but I do follow their results and listen to their games when I can.

I watched the game on Tuesday night and apart from one 'weak link' in the team 'Enouch isn't a winger!' the performance was very good, in particular Dave Cotterill.

When City sold him at 11pm (transfer deadline evening) I couldn't help feeling cheated as although 2 million is great business, how much of this money will ever be spent on transfers. In fact if the club knew he would possibly be sold, then why not think of getting a replacement in. Now the transfer window is shut with us being 2Million up with a player down.

Hearing the news yesterday about Brooker, Orr & Partridge being sent to jail only makes me think how stupid the board/management have been. I know this is the only place to voice an opinion and I know no-one listens to it but we have seen Bridges leave for nothing, and now he is worth 350k, our best keeper for years was left to rot in the reserves before being farmed out to Rovers and now Stewart who would have done anything to play & score goals for this club was shipped out shortly before Brooker went down.....and subsequently scored a great header yesterday (and scored in most of the pre-season games this season).

I can't help but feel that this club is turning into a joke, I hope I am proven wrong!

Totally agree with this post, how the hell could they let Cotts leave with no replacement lined up?

It wasn't a last minute deal Wigan have been tracking him for ages.

And to let Stewart go on the eve of Brooker's sentencing, again with no replacement, madness.

Change the name of the club to "Break even City" cos thats all they are interested in!

Totally agree with this post, how the hell could they let Cotts leave with no replacement lined up?

It wasn't a last minute deal Wigan have been tracking him for ages.

And to let Stewart go on the eve of Brooker's sentencing, again with no replacement, madness.

Change the name of the club to "Break even City" cos thats all they are interested in!

Surely if they don't eventually break even.....They will go out of business? because that's what it is!

Too right do people on here think we are a rich club or something all lower league clubs need to sell when a good offer comes in for a player

In an interview yesterday, the Rotherham manager was holding up BCFC's transfer of Cotterill to a Premiership club as an example of very good practice. He was optimistic that he could discover other players and make similar profit for his club.

Too right do people on here think we are a rich club or something all lower league clubs need to sell when a good offer comes in for a player

I thought we were a rich Club, reportedly paying Marcus £5 -6K per week, umm that's about 3/4 million with interest over 2 years? Perhaps we had to sell Cotts, that'll pay for Stewart's wages and the Tinnion affair. Should be some leftover for Mr Lansdown's debt.

ok how is it a joke...if we turned it down cotrill would be gutted..if cotrill wanted to stay he would have said soo you cant hold back players from a dream..it just kills there game!! don't be a fool that £2mill will sucure our club for along while.

see the big picture.

Archived