IGNORED

Scott Murray

Somerset Red

scott still a city legend at 33!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he had a brilliant game

i still feel the fans need 2 get behind the team more though!!!

Take the Scott Murray tinted glasses off..

He was shocking the whole game, didnt tackle, didnt chase balls, misplaced passes..

He just gets worse and worse, I'm not sure how anyone can argue with that to be honest!

He was shocking the whole game, didnt tackle, didnt chase balls, misplaced passes..

He just gets worse and worse, I'm not sure how anyone can argue with that to be honest!

I'll argue with you. Scotty's strong point today was the defensive side of his game. He did a great job in front of Keogh and worked hard, his weakness was in an attacking situation where he looks to be lacking in confidence. However this has often been the case with him and then he'll get on a roll and score a few.

I'm almost in agreement with you.

He didn't affect the game, in my opinion, as Gary Johnson would say.

Looked to take the ball forward at times, which often resulted in possesion given to the opposition.

He did track back and help Keogh though, who himself, seemed to struggle in the right back position.

I'd give him no more than a 5 i'm afraid.

Our lack of natural wingers is a concern.

I have to agree there, he was our worst player, and only towards the end did he produce any of those runs, which used to terrify defences, and he certainly didnt want to tackle, IMHO.

hey hey we agree on this one tonight.he is finished he is not interested,knowing GJ wants him out.

scott plays best when the fans gee him on..when he gets the ball the noise raises and he will do things for us.

It sounds as if you're scraping the barrel with this one...

He's a character and has been a very good player for us. I'm sorry but he's entering the twilight stages of his career now and isn't going to get any better. I think he can still do a job for us now and again but is no longer the answer on the right, in my opinion at least.

And thats what you get with Murray - goals in double figures most seasons from a wide position. When he's on his game (and he isn't at the moment, like others), then there is no better in that position in this division.

Sure, he's coming to the end of his career, but he is still a good player at this level and a good professional.

We don't play wide players anymore. Murray was at his best when he ran down the wings but now he cuts in players and hits a brick wall! He was knackered today just goes to show that hes lost his pace and his sharpness. Still a nice chap though and he always has time for the fans.

Depends on how a game pans out really.

If we are hanging on, he will defend competently.

If we are flying (and we haven't been yet have we) then he is flying.

I don't think he's lost that much pace and definitely not the sharpness - just confidence, in common with a few others.

He will perform as we know he can - long way to go.

He is definitely a confidence player see how chuffed he was that we won though. He definitely loves this club and the fans. :)

Murray is proven at this level and he will come good over the course of the season.

Murray hasn't been the same player since he came back from Reading with his tail between his legs. He's lost a yard of pace and a large chunk of confidence.

Still, since the Chairman has now cashed in his main rival, perhaps he will have a better chance of gaining a place in the team - but it won't help our chances of promotion.

Wring who is 20 this year, played well on the right flank, pre season. GJ gives younger players a go, so perhaps his chance will come.

He was given a pro contract, so we must assume he has ability, and at 20 we have Fontaine Keogh and Benyon, with Williams at 18. Its not his age, so is Wring injured, or off the boil ?

Apart from his outstanding goal scoring season prior to going to Reading, I am convinced that Scott's best position was playing right wing back, when behind Greg Goodridge. In the past wingers often went to full back in the latter stages of their careers and maybe Scott should play there over the next few weeks, whilst Bradley is otherwise occupied.

Apart from his outstanding goal scoring season prior to going to Reading, I am convinced that Scott's best position was playing right wing back, when behind Greg Goodridge. In the past wingers often went to full back in the latter stages of their careers and maybe Scott should play there over the next few weeks, whilst Bradley is otherwise occupied.

I hope you are joking?

You all know, you can slate him all you like and sometime in the next few games he will pop in a goal or two and the Murray lovin' will be back with full force!

I don't understand that statement.

If he scores a goal or two it means we cant criticise him for a poor previous game?

The fact is he was poor, a goal next game will be brilliant, and most people will cheer him continuously every game, but he cant continue being poor for 70-90 minutes but maybe score 1 in 4.

Hang on. Like most of you I still think of Scott scoring goals like the one he got against Oldham but he was still our second highest scorer last year when swithched to the left (well done GJ) and would have scored more but for an injury. If any player needs vocal support it's Murray - a real confidence player. I still think we can get a lot more out of him and we should all realise that slagging him off during a game just makes matters worse.

:angry:

Archived