IGNORED

Seagulls

Paul Hudd

Hi all,

Don't know how you all feel, but I am very proud to be a City fan this evening and finally get our revenge on Brighton after the play off final disappointment............

It is rather funny but ever since that game I really do hate Seagulls!

Yes i hate seagulls too, they make a terrible mess of my car when i'm on holiday

What is the latest on the ground, thought it was a done deal before?

It was, but Prescott messed up the wording and the local council appealed. They( Lewes District Council) have insisted on taking it to court and this will happen in December. We should win but the council hopes we will run out of money before the stadium can be built. I live in the Lewes council area so I'm effectively paying for them to fight the stadium

The most annoying thing is that only the coach park and one of the access roads is in the councils area, the stadium itself would be in Brighton.

I was really looking forward to getting revenge on Brighton.. Having lived there I totally despised them.

Yesterday though, was just a total damp squid. A very poor effort at making an atmosphere from both sets of fans, and despite a decent(ish) performance from us, what was supposed to be one of the most eagerly awaited clashes of the season was a total let down.

We are always shocking, we have no money, no ground and have to resort to taking in non-league players and kids. It's not a good time to be a seagull. :(

And i thought we ad problems.... :crying:

It was, but Prescott messed up the wording and the local council appealed. They( Lewes District Council) have insisted on taking it to court and this will happen in December. We should win but the council hopes we will run out of money before the stadium can be built. I live in the Lewes council area so I'm effectively paying for them to fight the stadium

The most annoying thing is that only the coach park and one of the access roads is in the councils area, the stadium itself would be in Brighton.

To be honest i feel sorry 4u, i hate the bloody councils, they aint got no time for us or the Rovers.

Teams like Brighton and City, deserve good stadiums and back up from their local councils, but it just don't happen

And i thought we ad problems.... :crying:

To be honest i feel sorry 4u, i hate the bloody councils, they aint got no time for us or the Rovers.

Teams like Brighton and City, deserve good stadiums and back up from their local councils, but it just don't happen

Huge in fact massive overstatement Arn. Bristol does have time for us, but the case for Brighton in that their capacity is just over 3,000, its not designed for football and the club is losing money week after week after week is different to ours.

Prescott has more power than councils, the problem or more bluntly - the balls up, lies with him.

I read some comments on the rear gunners` website that suggested that they outsung City.

We have no atmosphere at AG (open the goddam EE Landsdown, you myopic bean counter), but I can truthfully say I heard not a jot from the Brighton lot (was in G block). However, now I think of it, I did hear the faint strains of "YMCA" and "In The Navy" a few times. The cocoa shunting numpties.

it was nice winning on saturday but not half as good as beating the fags 4-1 on there home turf about two years ago

Lot of good it did us though. I seem to remember being all over them at home, but only drawing 0-0. If we had won that, we would not have needed the play-offs.Grrr! Corned beef inspectors.

I was really looking forward to getting revenge on Brighton.. Having lived there I totally despised them.

Yesterday though, was just a total damp squid. A very poor effort at making an atmosphere from both sets of fans, and despite a decent(ish) performance from us, what was supposed to be one of the most eagerly awaited clashes of the season was a total let down.

Hi SCR - your fears about the chanting weren't realised were they? In fact there wasn't much chanting at all! We weren't too bad in the first half but in the second we sounded as nervous the the players and made about as much noise! No excuse really.

I fully expected the range of gay chants - maybe you have a lot of influence mate! To be fair Brighton look and sound like a beaten lot. :city:

Archived