IGNORED

Getting A Goal Poacher On Loan....

Mr Mosquito

I think the transfer window for signing a new player has gone but could we still get a player on loan? It's obvious we're severely lacking up front so getting a player in on loan, that can play as goal poacher, to bang in all the half chances that Peacock and Miller are missing could be the answer.

Up the City

Yeah yer right RG, we need a goalscorer sooner

rather than later! Thurs gotta be one out thur

somewhere who could come in an shoot us into

division one! Splash a bit more cash city!

Or we could miss out again!  :rolleyes:

........I'm just hoping the club is currently in the process of getting a proven goal scorer in on loan. Assuming they can at this late stage in the season as there may be a league rule forbiding loan players at this late stage of the season. Don't know for sure. :dunno:

Up the City

Guest Eddie Hitler

We need nobody (although Barnard and Murray would be great).

QPR have already run out of steam. Plymouth will now collapse. Guess we're fighting it out with Swindle for first place.

We need nobody (although Barnard and Murray would be great).

QPR have already run out of steam.  Plymouth will now collapse.  Guess we're fighting it out with Swindle for first place.

The Swine Towners have Mooney - could we poach Mooney from the Swine and mess up the Swine's promotion campaign in the bargain? :P:rolleyes:

Up the City

I think the transfer window for signing a new player has gone but could we still get a player on loan? It's obvious we're severely lacking up front so getting a player in on loan, that can play as goal poacher, to bang in all the half chances that Peacock and Miller are missing could be the answer.

Up the City

I AGREE!!! although i still think if there was better service coming in from

the flanks the 2 boys we already have (miller & peacock) will score more.

peacock goes looking for the ball to often on the flank it kind of reminded

me of shearer when he played for england, instead of keeping his position

he went looking for the ball where the service from others should of come from.

i still don't think a.brown is a consistant winger i would feel much better seeing

goodfellow on the left and roberts on the right , all i am saying is if we have 2big guys up front then these wingers should get down the line and get the ball across

for their heads not a brown cross to feet when it is obvious that millers stong points

is his heading... :rolleyes:

Scott Murray would be great, so could we get him back on loan for a few months?
it is fair to say murray would come back if we went to sign him and i'm sure

the fans would like him back but i can't see reading letting him go he is a

valuble squad member to them, goodfellow has come here but we don't

hear stoke fans saying he is on bristol citys bench so lets get him back on loan?

and i can't see danny wilson wanting to sell goodfellow, i'm affraid murray has

gone and he is not coming back as reading won't let it happen :rolleyes:

I cant believe that people actually think QPR are fading - they were losing at home on Tuesday and won 3-2 in injury time. Unfortunatly, I dont think they will fade, too many goal scorers to keep them in the hunt (and no I am not including Judas in that!).

As for Plymouth, I think they could be in trouble, I spoke to an Argyle fan this morning, they don't rate their assistant boss (whose name I have totally forgotten) so the players reaction will be crucial.

Swindle do still have a chance.

If we want to be sure of going up automatically, then I agree, we need a goal scorer and quicly. I honestly think the next 5 games (prior to QPR) at home are the important ones, too many slip ups now and we could lose our chance.

Tuesday night showed (and last Sat) that without someone to bang in a couple of goals from the numerous chances we created, we are vulnerable to conceding one - that has cost us five points in the last two games.

DW if you ever read this, I hope you are on the case!

And this isn't meant to be a rant or moan, I just wanna be sure that we do get out of this poxy division this time around!!1

It's typical City really isn't it. This season, we've had chances to sign proven goalscorers at regular and crucial times in the season. Just think back to how long we were linked with Robins and Cureton yet neither were approached!

I know this is controversial but Cureton should've been signed and been made number 1 striker and the title would've have been ours.

Chris Greenacre's the only realistic target now but he's still a young player.

I know this is controversial but Cureton should've been signed and been made number 1 striker and the title would've have been ours.

we have already been through this!!

Cureton, no matter what we would have paid him would never return to play for a Bristol club after everything that happend to him!

Thought Leon Knight was a bargain for Brighton myself...

In this part of the world, not just because of Tuesday, I have always rated McSporran. Its a damned fine silly name, and for a player stuck with a duff team, he always seems to score a few!

Hereford United have scored 83 Conference league goals this season and Cardiff City signed Parry from them a few months back. Parry (from Chepstow) has made the Welsh National side and I reckon BCFC should look to signing a few of Hereford's remaining goalscorers especially as Hereford are desperate for cash.

Up the City

Steve Guinan

The form of last season's top scorer during his first campaign with the Bulls made one wonder why Guinan had rarely been allowed an extended run by his previous clubs, who included Nottingham Forest, Cambridge United, Plymouth Argyle and Shrewsbury Town. Sweet skills on the ball and more than useful heading ability made him a vital part of the set-up and saw Steve become, against Barnet, the first player to net a hat-trick at Edgar Street since Steve White some six years previously.

He seems a good player from hereford maybe worth a look. I seen him against dagenham the other week looked lively and scored 2 goals.

Steve Guinan

The form of last season's top scorer during his first campaign with the Bulls made one wonder why Guinan had rarely been allowed an extended run by his previous clubs, who included Nottingham Forest, Cambridge United, Plymouth Argyle and Shrewsbury Town. Sweet skills on the ball and more than useful heading ability made him a vital part of the set-up and saw Steve become, against Barnet, the first player to net a hat-trick at Edgar Street since Steve White some six years previously.

He seems a good player from hereford maybe worth a look. I seen him against dagenham the other week looked lively and scored 2 goals.

BCFC blow hot and cold but Hereford blow boiling hot and freezing cold !!!!

Like us Hereford are second in their division but unlike us they lost 0-1 at home to a rubbish side, then made amends by beating Dagenham 0-9 away!!! Followed by a 0-3 win away to Telford in the week!!!

Surely the BCFC scouts must start to take an interest in the Hereford goalscorers - prolific to say the least even without Parry who's now at Cardiff.

In this part of the world, not just because of Tuesday, I have always rated McSporran. Its a damned fine silly name, and for a player stuck with a duff team, he always seems to score a few!
City Exile, you'd probably know, didnt City sniff round McSporran till he did his ligaments two-three seasons back.

You going to the Luton game?

Believe so.

Admission time re Luton. Yes I am going, but with a 'friend' who is a Luton season ticket holder. At the start of the season seemed a good thing to say yes. Now it looks like a critical game all round, and I am having second thoughts about being in the wrong end!

And whilst I'm on the topic, the boys in red are in danger of costing me a serious £5 for being well down the works div 2 league. The only teams in it are Wycombe, Bristol City and Luton, and as the only results that count are the games between us, I am propping up the table on 2 pts from 3 games.

Suppose, if forced I'd take promotion though.

Archived