IGNORED

Academy

BB in Backwell

About £400k now with the St George agreement and everything IIRC.

Or in other terms 20% of Dave Cotterill....

Yes not far out there Madger.

Mate of mine, Norman of Kingswood construction, heavily involved in helping fund the academy says about half a million.

Goes to prove after sales of Cotterill, Lita, Goldborgne, really worth keeping going, albeit these lads move on, they make us a serious amont of money.

Williams next i guess :dunno:

Yes not far out there Madger.

Mate of mine, Norman of Kingswood construction, heavily involved in helping fund the academy says about half a million.

Goes to prove after sales of Cotterill, Lita, Goldborgne, really worth keeping going, albeit these lads move on, they make us a serious amont of money.

Williams next i guess :dunno:

.............so we have to sell a DC every 4-5 years for the Academy to break even?

CD & Lita = £3mil, according to Website williams not academy? Others only a few hun' thou' at most.

So put simply, the next 'Prem star in the making' , we should be able to keep , otherwise why bother?

Only Carey, Skuse & Woodman are current 1st teamers from Academy ( eight years approx of Academy operation ). Can that be deemed as being successful?

• Admin

I thought the figure SL gave more recently, net of grants sponsorships and the like, was much lower than £400k - in fact under half that.

Unfortunately since the ask SteveL forum was closed we can't see the old replies but I'm pretty sure there was one.

Significantly cheaper then.....

DC is apparently worth 10 years of running the Acadamy! :o

Net of grants etc. the cost this year was about £200k.

If you believe in youth development which I do you should always go for the best which is the Academy system. You play the best fixtures and attract the best players.

Steve.

Archived