IGNORED

Help Me!

milo1111

ive just bought FM 2006 and having played the old CM02-03 thought i would use similar tatics.

anyway, i started as city, obviously, and was abysmal and resigned in rage after about ten games. nothing i do seemed to work, and i was getting beat by teams who didnt seemed to have on paper as good players as me. i know this is very realistic considering i was city :D

basically i am posting this fishing for tips.

are there one or two decent players i can pick up from the outset to boost my chances and what formations seem to work to best. also does the media choices make much difference, is it best to be confrontational or to praise up the opposition.

Theres a couple of decent players on teh transfer list going really cheap, like nicky rizzo, andy robinson, dave way which i sometimes buy, maybe also you could loan lenny pidgely from chelsea i think hes on teh loan list and becomes a free transfer after teh first season :) also maybe get rid of 1 or 2 reserve players i.e fortune, J.smith, partridge etc etc :)

Theres a couple of decent players on teh transfer list going really cheap, like nicky rizzo, andy robinson, dave way which i sometimes buy, maybe also you could loan lenny pidgely from chelsea i think hes on teh loan list and becomes a free transfer after teh first season :) also maybe get rid of 1 or 2 reserve players i.e fortune, J.smith, partridge etc etc :)

offer fortune to clubs at 300k, always gets 2 or 3 offers!!

ive just bought FM 2006 and having played the old CM02-03 thought i would use similar tatics.

anyway, i started as city, obviously, and was abysmal and resigned in rage after about ten games. nothing i do seemed to work, and i was getting beat by teams who didnt seemed to have on paper as good players as me. i know this is very realistic considering i was city :D

basically i am posting this fishing for tips.

are there one or two decent players i can pick up from the outset to boost my chances and what formations seem to work to best. also does the media choices make much difference, is it best to be confrontational or to praise up the opposition.

I play 3 centre backs with 2 wing backs, then one defensive midfielder behind 2 central midfielders and two up front. Slick, counter-attacking passing game. If I'm playing someone who isnt very good then I swap the defensive player with an attacking midfielder and stick him behind the 2 strikers.

First season I won League 2 and in my 3rd season in Championship I won the playoffs. Just finished 11th in my first prem season and just got the USA job.

I'd strongly recommend signing Helge Haugen - bought for 50k now my captain and worth 4m. Scout scandanavia - loads of great, cheap players. Get some Prem loans in as well - Vincent Pericard's a good one.

The two formations i stick to and always work are the incredidbly inspired 4-4-2 attack. You make the wingers runs a abit shorter though.

And my favourite, 4-2-3-1 attack. You move the two wide atta mids out to the wing disasble the centre ones run backwards and move the dms into cms position.

Always works, + you get the top player rating from your left or right midfielder and the leading goalscorer.

It also helps to generate cash at the start as you can sell off your strikers to leave two decent ones.

Archived