Guest Tins4Gaffer

Anybody remember these day's?

-----------Phillips--------

-----Carey-Millen-Hill----

Murray----------------Bell

----------Tinnion---------

-------Clist---Brown-----

-----Peackock-Thorpe---

Bell and Murray pushing on all the time and frightening the life out of full-backs of every side.. Carey and Hill making runs out of defence also.. Brown and Clist causing panic with link-up play.. Tinman had his skinhead on a free role playing absolutely out of his skin (breathtaking left foot passes/ball control/timing) and running the show for Div2! Peacock and Thorpe relishing plenty of service and enjoying themselves linking up attacks and what not..

We looked extremely threatening on the counter-attack and it's the most entertaining and exciting times I have ever known at Ashton Gate with no exaggeration's.. ground passing and quality forward moves from deep with pace etc.. breaking through gaps and raising plenty of eyebrows.. we were winning home and away by large margins (4-0, 4-1, 3-0, 3-1, 6-2 etc).

I furrely enjoyed those day's.. we rocketed from 23rd in the league (terrible start before the infamous switch from 4-4-2 to 3-5-2 with Tinman moving infield) all the way upto joint 2nd! (a true nightmare of injuries saw us slump to a poor finish just outside the play-off's though)..

-----------Phillips--------

-----Carey-Millen-Hill----

Murray----------------Bell

----------Tinnion---------

-------Clist---Brown-----

-----Peackock-Thorpe---

Good times under Wilson..yes...but.....why is Simon Clist not played anymore?  :Confused13:

Up the City

I often Ponder that, i think Wilson and Clist had a fall out in some way shape or form.

Guest Tins4Gaffer

I really don't know.. he caused alot of panic I remember breaking out of midfield and making himself awkward to pick up.. scored his fair share of goals and set up his fair share as well.. good little player.. we haven't seen him in years!!

Archived