IGNORED

Simple Fact......we Aint Good Enough!

tully

There are a number of threads on here that seem to think that our main problem is serving at Her Majesty's Pleasure!!

The simple fact is we are not good enough to be in the top 2 in this league!

During our last promotion season we had goals from all areas. The contributions of Matt Hewlett, Mickey Bell, Shaun Taylor were vital! Plus we had a 20+ goal striker! None of these commodities exist in this squad.

Plus we have a man at the helm who is simply weak. Ok we wont be in danger of the drop, but we certainly wont be in danger going up. We are approaching a full year under the Johnson stewardship, and we are now watching "his team"! Have we really moved on?? Has there been any REAL improvement?? Yes we are fitter. Thats about it!

You have to question whether the players he has bought in are better the ones he released, or decided he could'nt work with! There is a difference!!

There are a number of threads on here that seem to think that our main problem is serving at Her Majesty's Pleasure!!

During our last promotion season we had goals from all areas. The contributions of Matt Hewlett, Mickey Bell, Shaun Taylor were vital! Plus we had a 20+ goal striker! None of these commodities exist in this squad.

Plus we have a man at the helm who is simply weak. Ok we wont be in danger of the drop, but we certainly wont be in danger going up. We are approaching a full year under the Johnson stewardship, and we are now watching "his team"! Have we really moved on?? Has there been any REAL improvement?? Yes we are fitter. Thats about it!

You have to question whether the players he has bought in are better the ones he released, or decided he could'nt work with! There is a difference!!

God help me.

Just do one.

Why cant you just wait and see what materalises rather than have a hissy fit like a woman whenether we lose games most people have anticipated us losing.

Most anticipate losing because you're a bunch of negative whining baby whiners..

How long should we wait?

Why not 46 games, if we finish mid table, fine, good.

What can we do about it? Very little..

By all means criticise when criticism is needed, but let it be constructive, rather than mindless repetitive crap like:

''We arent good enough, I know that, nobody else does so i'll tell them..

Johnson is a fool, must get rid of him..

We're going nowhere this season..''

How exactly do comments like these help?

It just goes on and on and on and on..

I'm as pi55ed off as anyone, but win the next 2 games and everyone shuts up, its just bull5shit !

I went to the game tonight and I believe it is obvious that all we lacked tonight was a striker with some physical presence. We defended well as a unit (apart from the set pieces in 1st half) and the midfield played fine, with Noble looking quality. All we needed tonight was someone with some strength and ability to hold the ball up and we would have been fine.

Its not as if we embarrased ourselves, theres not too much to worry about- we just need Enoch and Brooker back.

How long should we wait?

How about 15-20 matches when you can really see how the season is shaping up? If we only have 15-20 points at that point and are still putting in mediocre defensive performances then criticism of the team's performance will be very valid. If Johnson still hasn't addressed the problem positions out wide and Murray is still playing and contributing very little at that stage then criticism is due. If, with a full squad to choose from, we are still persisting with one up front and no forward on the bench then I will also be as critical as the next person.

But let's say we scrape 30 odd points from the first 20 games and are showing good signs of improvement. An average of 2 points per game after that (which would only be a small improvement on our last 26 games last year) gives us 82 points minimum. That is why a season can never be written off after just 7 games.

I disagree with the title of this thread. I think that - based on last night's performance - City ARE good enough, and had they been more of an attacking threat they would have come back to Bristol with a point. As it was the forwards were largely ineffective and allowed Tranmere to push forward throughout the second half knowing that their defence would not be exposed. It was a brilliant one touch move that led to their goal and it was difficult to defend against that kind of move.

As I have posted elsewhere, I feel there are a lot of positives to be taken from last night, but an urgent need for the club is to have cover in depth, particularly in the goalscoring department.

Archived