IGNORED

Not In A Month Of Sundays

Red Dave

Another 10 hour round trip....only this time it was clear from midway through the first half we wouldn't have scored even if we'd played for another week.

Why play only two strikers? I know Enoch & Brooker are unavailable but we do have (no matter what you think of him) a striker out on loan who can, and did last week, score at this level. Any other manager would have recalled him.

Why no loanee? Surely GJ would have had an idea Enoch would still be out.

Why no youngster on the bench? Elliott Benyon for example.

You are only going to put yourself under pressure by only being able to make defensive substitutions.

GJ has serious issues and I wish he would think of BCFC and its supporters (who will still be here well after he's gone) before him self.

There was no loanee because loans weren't allowed until today, I imagine there was no time to get anything organised. I think we'll get a clearer picture next week or after of whether we're going to be bringing anyone in via loans or perhaps even loans until Xmas when they become permanent.

It's pretty clear that GJ doesn't want Stewart back regardless and doesn't rate Benyon.

There was no loanee because loans weren't allowed until today, I imagine there was no time to get anything organised. I think we'll get a clearer picture next week or after of whether we're going to be bringing anyone in via loans or perhaps even loans until Xmas when they become permanent.

It's pretty clear that GJ doesn't want Stewart back regardless and doesn't rate Benyon.

But why wasn't the manager working all week to secure a loanee today. He would have been able to get clearence to play i'm sure (need to check FA rules though!).

The same Benyon that scored some great goals pre season and for reserves last season. He's 20 this year , as are Fontaine, Keogh and Wring, so its hardly an age factor. Two years older than Williams, but I recall GJ saying he had to " have a talk " with Benyon in Latvia.

Question is, does GJ not rate Benyon, or is Benyon getting the deep freeze treatment. The same treatment that seems to happen to any player who gets offside with GJ.

Benyon was given a pro contract whilst under GJ's management, I believe Benyons status rates a comment on the main site. Playing two matches without a forward on the bench is without logic

The same Benyon that scored some great goals pre season and for reserves last season. He's 20 this year , as are Fontaine, Keogh and Wring, so its hardly an age factor. Two years older than Williams, but I recall GJ saying he had to " have a talk " with Benyon in Latvia.

Question is, does GJ not rate Benyon, or is Benyon getting the deep freeze treatment. The same treatment that seems to happen to any player who gets offside with GJ.

Benyon was given a pro contract whilst under GJ's management, I believe Benyons status rates a comment on the main site. Playing two matches without a forward on the bench is without logic

How many goals is Benyon scoring and how good is he looking for the reserves this season because I'll tell you one thing that is absolutely certain - if he can't do it at reserve team level then he sure as hell ain't going to do it in League 1. How many great goals is he scoring in training when marked by Louis Carey and/or Liam Fontaine? Just because 6 lads were given professional contracts from the Academy that does not mean that ALL 6 are going to make it in the pro game by any stretch of the imagination.

Your comments on "deep freeze treatment" appear to be founded on pure conjecture which would seem to arise from a mis-trust or dislike of the manager. What is fact, however, is that Johnson will probably spend 150-200 more days in the company of Elliott Benyon this year than both you or I and therefore could have a very good reason for not sticking him on the bench.

But why wasn't the manager working all week to secure a loanee today. He would have been able to get clearence to play i'm sure (need to check FA rules though!).

We could have got a loan signing. I know another club in our league that got one yesterday. I think its by lunchtime if its an evening kick off. Surely if Johnson knew Enoch was out and we had no big target man he would have been looking for a similar player as cover? Maybe we will see one Tuesday night? :dunno:

How many goals is Benyon scoring and how good is he looking for the reserves this season because I'll tell you one thing that is absolutely certain - if he can't do it at reserve team level then he sure as hell ain't going to do it in League 1. How many great goals is he scoring in training when marked by Louis Carey and/or Liam Fontaine? Just because 6 lads were given professional contracts from the Academy that does not mean that ALL 6 are going to make it in the pro game by any stretch of the imagination.

No but it does mean this manager rated them highly enough to sign them as pros, ipso facto, he thinks they might, hopefully will be,good enough.

Needs must when the Devil drives and if Benyon is the only striker available, then why not put him on the bench?

What happens if Williams or Jevons is injured in the first five minutes-game plan out the window!!

Your comments on "deep freeze treatment" appear to be founded on pure conjecture which would seem to arise from a mis-trust or dislike of the manager. What is fact, however, is that Johnson will probably spend 150-200 more days in the company of Elliott Benyon this year than both you or I and therefore could have a very good reason for not sticking him on the bench.

I think his conjecture is about right.Players who fall out with GJ are toast and he doesn't seem the forgiving type...ask Stewart & Phillips.

Another 10 hour round trip....only this time it was clear from midway through the first half we wouldn't have scored even if we'd played for another week.

Why play only two strikers? I know Enoch & Brooker are unavailable but we do have (no matter what you think of him) a striker out on loan who can, and did last week, score at this level. Any other manager would have recalled him.

You are only going to put yourself under pressure by only being able to make defensive substitutions.

GJ has serious issues and I wish he would think of BCFC and its supporters (who will still be here well after he's gone) before him self.

EXACTLY.......I was about to post the very same thing about noon but my laptop packed up..........

I listened to Mr Johnson on World this afternoon and what he more than implied was...it was getting close to the time to introduce a couple of players "FROM OUTSIDE OR INSIDE THE CLUB..."

Is this a nod toward Benyon or even the prodigal son Marcus?...Earlier this afternoon I posted that we probably wont see Marcus Stewart playing for the first team again....Now I am not so sure.

I listened to Mr Johnson on World this afternoon and what he more than implied was...it was getting close to the time to introduce a couple of players "FROM OUTSIDE OR INSIDE THE CLUB..."

Is this a nod toward Benyon or even the prodigal son Marcus?...Earlier this afternoon I posted that we probably wont see Marcus Stewart playing for the first team again....Now I am not so sure.

You mean to say that Mr Johnson is going to swallow his stupid pride and play our most experienced striker?????????????!!!!!!!!! :pray:

You mean to say that Mr Johnson is going to swallow his stupid pride and play our most experienced striker?????????????!!!!!!!!! :pray:

Isn't it the usual thing that a player can't be recalled during the first month of a loan, if the loan is more than a month long?

I'm sure this always used to be the case but the rules might have changed due to the transfer window system?

Anyway, I can't see Marcus wanting to come back and play for us anyhow, no matter how much we need him. didn't he say on tv that he won't play while 'THAT' manager is there.

Archived