IGNORED

Hit The Ground Running Or Just Hitting The Ground.

Terace

I think what's annoying most of us is that we still trying to build a side into the season and we don't know which our best side is even now. I thought the team brief was to hit the ground running and if we had kept to the formula which nearly brought us success last season I'm sure we'd be up there. Upfront, Brooks was struggling because once again hes being asked to play the target role for Jevons whereas Brooks revelled when McCammon played that role backend of last. IMo Under Tins I never believed Brooks could play that role successfully and i still don't.. hes more an inside forward. The new boys havent got time to settle in my opinion, If they are as good as the Manager thinks they are they should be making headlines immediately. Why do we continue to make getting out this division hard for ourselves when teams like..... U all know the ones sail through. Now we are about to trawl for a dodgy loan or five ,how does it come to this!!!

Its not arrogance believe but we are Bristol City Fans and weve suffered enough in recent years in expectation terms.. We should be pacesetters in this division after 10 years here not floundering midtable. don't wait for 10 games to assess Gary, theres enough evidence already that exposes our ultra soft under belly.

Defeat always spoils the Weekend doesn't it? :(

I think what's annoying most of us is that we still trying to build a side into the season and we don't know which our best side is even now. I thought the team brief was to hit the ground running and if we had kept to the formula which nearly brought us success last season I'm sure we'd be up there. Upfront, Brooks was struggling because once again hes being asked to play the target role for Jevons whereas Brooks revelled when McCammon played that role backend of last. IMo Under Tins I never believed Brooks could play that role successfully and i still don't.. hes more an inside forward. The new boys havent got time to settle in my opinion, If they are as good as the Manager thinks they are they should be making headlines immediately. Why do we continue to make getting out this division hard for ourselves when teams like..... U all know the ones sail through. Now we are about to trawl for a dodgy loan or five ,how does it come to this!!!

Its not arrogance believe but we are Bristol City Fans and weve suffered enough in recent years in expectation terms.. We should be pacesetters in this division after 10 years here not floundering midtable. don't wait for 10 games to assess Gary, theres enough evidence already that exposes our ultra soft under belly.

10 years its seems like a blooming lifetime :doh:

A kindred spirit here (possibly)... Brooker is not comfortable as a target man and he does not feel that it his best role (judging by his own comments) but will do the job he is asked to do by the manager. That is my opinion and I have stuck to it firmly through several tedious discussions on this forum.

Brooker did well with McCammon and really came up trumps playing off this kind of target man...Not only that we looked dangerous from midfield during this period because of the amount of second phase ball we generated AND WE WON F%%%ING FOOTBALL MATCHES CONSISTANTLY....

So all the evidence to bring out the best in our number one striker was there... and what do we do...not give McCammon a contract and sign a clone of Brooker in MrJeavons....

When we signed Jeavons I did think for a while that Brooker was on his way (To Norwich :D possibly) but no...We changed a winning format to pair two identical strikers niether of which really wants to be a target man....Now that really is down to the manager...

Both Mr Brooker and Mr Jeavons are very talented players but I just don't see them as a partnership that is going to score that many goals in this division... and also all the time they don't score their value drops into the bargain...perfect...

The only reason I have heard for not signing McCammon was he had a lousy match at Southend...My suspiscion is at that stage he knew or suspected he was not getting a contract and therefore was not up for it...Would you Be?....But otherwise he was perfect for what we needed then and now....

Enoch will be asked to fulfill a target man role soon I am sure...lets keep our fingers crossed he has the presence stamina and boncebackability to live with the clattering he is going to get...Failing that into the transfer market we go I suspect

So yes Mr Terace I agree with your assesment about our forward line...Now how about the other nine? :whistle:

Enoch will be asked to fulfill a target man role soon I am sure...lets keep our fingers crossed he has the presence stamina and boncebackability to live with the clattering he is going to get...

Guess that could mean 'heading prowess while facing away from goal' - or 'accomplished back-header of the ball' - whichever, that's a fantastic choice of phrase and a clear winner of Word of the Day.

"Boncebackability". :rofl2br::clap:

ey, it's no Bradley Orr's 'Uncondolable' though. :D

Yep What TheXXXX....Uncondolable was class...Prisoner # BCFC1982 should be rightly proud. :D

Guess that could mean 'heading prowess while facing away from goal' - or 'accomplished back-header of the ball' - whichever, that's a fantastic choice of phrase and a clear winner of Word of the Day.

"Boncebackability". :rofl2br::clap:

I'm glad you liked it Nogbad :cool:

Archived