IGNORED

Tommy Black - Available For Free

cheshire_red

Blackpool were after him but due toa new baby he didn't want to move oop north. He's at Palace so probably living in the South East somewhere. He may not want to move to Bristol but a loan may be good for both parties, puts him in the shop window and he's a good winger.

Went on loan to Gillingham last season, 17 games 5 goals.

I'm pretty sure there was never a possibility of a permanent deal. Just him getting some experiance of first team football us getting a decent winger and Palace developing a very promising player.

He was rather good back then, certainly better than the Murray/Goodridge of the day.

He played up front alot for Gillingham last season, and looked a class apart on the right according to a Gills mate of mine.

• Admin

I'm pretty sure there was never a possibility of a permanent deal. Just him getting some experiance of first team football us getting a decent winger and Palace developing a very promising player.

He was rather good back then, certainly better than the Murray/Goodridge of the day.

He played up front alot for Gillingham last season, and looked a class apart on the right according to a Gills mate of mine.

Seems a lot of Gills fans were "gutted" when his loan spell ended.

As people have said before, he was signed from Arsenal at around Christmas in the 1999/00 season I think.

He played four games, and was very good - with a fantastic game against Luton in a 2-2 draw I think.

Played on the right wing, but could also play as a striker and an emergency left-winger. Very pacy, with a good few tricks but lacking a bit in strength.

To me he seemed like a likeable lad, and I was disappointed to see him go, although there was never any chance of a permanent deal, as Arsenal valued him highly.

I would welcome him back on a short term deal to see what he could do here.

I remember him and thought he wasn't too bad at the time. long time ago though. but if that stuff about him being ok last year for gills is true i'd welcome hime as an option.

an expensive loan or two (using a little of the wigan money) wouldn't hurt right now. Ian Henderson at Norwich is another who might be a good shout.

He was here for 4 games.....if he did well he would have been offered a permanent contract......he may be good this time around (you never know!) if we do happen to get him but how can you say he did well last time?? :dunno:

We couldn't afford him and Pulis was on his way out.Take it from me he's a darn site better than Murray and can play up front as well.

He did very well in his loan spell with us, it was more a case of him knowing he could get a better club than us not being able to afford him, and he went to Palace the summer after.

He is an extremely good player, will piss on most at this level and is definitely worth a look.

Archived