IGNORED

Not Looking To The Loan Market At All

cheshire_red

our jailbirds returning will help, but they are not the answer.

We need changes. Tthe squad is full of players all much the same in terms of qaulity, We have to unearth a few players from else where who are better.

Lord knows where.

I think they will come back for Jail and give the team a needed boost...

I think they will come back for Jail and give the team a needed boost...

No doubt they'll boost the team but neither is a pacy winger, a forward who offers us something different, or a battling midfielder.

Our results weren't good before their season's were interrupted and clearly more than their return is needed to change us from the currently mediocre and toothless team. :(

No doubt they'll boost the team but neither is a pacy winger, a forward who offers us something different, or a battling midfielder.

Our results weren't good before their season's were interrupted and clearly more than their return is needed to change us from the currently mediocre and toothless team. :(

Do you not think that the thought of going to jail was playing on their minds and effecting their game? Maybe it will be like a weight lifted... fresh start????

Do you not think that the thought of going to jail was playing on their minds and effecting their game? Maybe it will be like a weight lifted... fresh start????

I agree badger, it will naturally be a weight off their minds. They will improve the 2 positions they will fill, but i don't think that alone will be enough to significantly boost our mediocre results.

Our problems seem to me to be a bit deeper than that if we want to finish above mid-table.

People should remember that:

Fontaine-Savage-Noble all came in on loan initially.McCammon was another good loan until he sussed out that GJ wasn't going to sign him over the last two games.Savage, love him or hate him-was part of a turnaround and a succesful run.

It can work, if the players fit.....if it doesn't and you try to much to soon then it can be a disaster and we saw both within a few months last season.

OK, so Mr Johnson goes into the loan market last season completely gung-ho, making wholesale changes to many parts of the team and is roundly criticised by most fans for bringing in rubbish players on loan (i.e. Sankofa, Quinn, Joseph, Youga etc).

Mr Johnson states this season that he will not do the same thing, and is roundly criticised.

I'm confused.

OK, so Mr Johnson goes into the loan market last season completely gung-ho, making wholesale changes to many parts of the team and is roundly criticised by most fans for bringing in rubbish players on loan (i.e. Sankofa, Quinn, Joseph, Youga etc).

Mr Johnson states this season that he will not do the same thing, and is roundly criticised.

I'm confused.

Noone wants him to go gung ho signing useless crap that doesn't improve the team.

It would be nice if he brought in a couple of players in the positions we have no or only one player in like right and left wing.

Noone objected to him using loans, people objected to him using loans needlessly that didn't improve us.

Now there is a clear blindingly obvious need, plenty of money to go shopping with and he doesn't want to... what sense does that make precisely?

Perhaps he has a few ideas about free agents who can be signed? I hope so because without additions I think promotion will be out of reach by January.

The promotion form shown in the second half of last season, was obtained with a very similar squad, to the one we have now, less Cotterill.

Up front we had Brooker with Savage, or McCammon. This season its Brooker with Jevons, Showumni or Williams. Pre season the forum and fans were forcasting a shed load of goals with this strike force. We know on paper they can score. We need to see it in real life.

I for one don't want to see loan players coming in. It disrupts the squad and sends the wrong message to the players. It tells them the manager thinks they are inadequate for the job. But we are stuck with this squad and tactics courtesy of GJ, not brilliant, play offs at best.

Promotion would never work for GJ. With our current squad we would be relegated the following season. Its mediocre at best, and those who say we have one of the best teams on paper, need their glasses checked. Some great defenders, with just an adequate midfield and attack for the old 3rd division.

The promotion form shown in the second half of last season, was obtained with a very similar squad, to the one we have now, less Cotterill.

Up front we had Brooker with Savage, or McCammon. This season its Brooker with Jevons, Showumni or Williams. Pre season the forum and fans were forcasting a shed load of goals with this strike force. We know on paper they can score. We need to see it in real life.

I for one don't want to see loan players coming in. It disrupts the squad and sends the wrong message to the players. It tells them the manager thinks they are inadequate for the job. But we are stuck with this squad and tactics courtesy of GJ, not brilliant, play offs at best.

Promotion would never work for GJ. With our current squad we would be relegated the following season. Its mediocre at best, and those who say we have one of the best teams on paper, need their glasses checked. Some great defenders, with just an adequate midfield and attack for the old 3rd division.

That squad would set a record in the Championship, we would be the Sunderland of the prem last season.

Agreed , so whats going on in the Chairmans office, surely SL can see the great Greek God Mediocracy hanging over us........again !

The Chairman isn't in his office much these days he has delegated most to the Chief Exec and much bean counting is going on in there.

X = Championship football will bring in 850,000 more beans from increased attendance, TV rights etc.

Y = Championship football will cost 2,000,000 more beans in transfer fees and wages.

Z = Continued League 1 footie will bring in 600,000 less beans from decreased season ticket sales and walk-ups. But will bring in £1,500,000 for a couple of Academy products we just couldn't refuse.

Z is the magic number.

I'm confused.

looking at what he has actually said I don't see the problem, he's said he is not planning on making moves for loan players as he has faith in the current players to turn things around, however if the right player becomes available he will make a move for him?

doesn't really matter what Johnson says though there will be more than enough people on here ready to hammer him for it!

Pre season the forum and fans were forcasting a shed load of goals with this strike force. We know on paper they can score. We need to see it in real life.

Not all of us. The flank positions were a worry from the start, without decent wide boys, the strikers won't get the service, nor will we get any significant goals contribution from there. We are desperately short of pace, especially since DC left, and I just can't see us having the firepower to make any sort of realistic challenge.

Not all of us. The flank positions were a worry from the start, without decent wide boys, the strikers won't get the service, nor will we get any significant goals contribution from there. We are desperately short of pace, especially since DC left, and I just can't see us having the firepower to make any sort of realistic challenge.

What I don't get is Johnson plays 4-4-2 but never plays the men wide down the wings or am I just being blonde here? :dunno:

Archived