IGNORED

Big Three

Bristol Boy

Right, looking at our last ten games, we'll need to win the next two and try to establish a gap.

Using the current league position of the clubs as the degree of difficulty, we've the hardest by a country mile.

The lower the number, the more difficult

CITY......................PLY...................................QPR

H42........................74.....................................61

A43........................44.....................................49

T85........................118....................................110

It's not precise and I suppose the current form league would be a better guide, perhaps.

Factors like Sturrock leaving could have an effect, one way or the other.

All have five home, five away and I am assuming QPR's game in hand is Tranmere away and falls outside their last ten.

CITY

Tranmere, Port Vale, Swindon,Luton & Barnsley Away

Oldham,QPR, Plymouth ,Brighton & Blackpool Home

PLYMOUTH

Luton, Barnsley , City, Oldham, Hartlepool Away

Peter, Wrex,Wycombe, QPR & Colchester Home

QPR

Wycombe,City, Barnsley,Plymouth & Weds Away

Wrexham, Luton, Grims, Stock, Swindon Home

No games are easy and and bottom clubs fighting for their life can be as difficult as someone just outside the play offs.

Some people say that clubs with nothing to play for are fatal because they just relax and play.

All in all, without stating the obvious, the next two games could see us much stronger or needing to win some big games.

OK, I know I'm sad, but here's the revised figures if you use the current form table and it makes more comforting reading.

City are 4th, Plymouth 8th & QPR 13th.

Swindon, Luton & Bournemouth are 1,2,3

Remember, the higher the number the better.

CITY.............. H71...... A53.......T124

PLY.................H79...... A52.......T131

QPR................H62...... A63.......T125

QPR have City & Plymouth away but that balanced by Barnsley (A) who are 24th and Stockport (H) 23rd bottom bar one.

The other one I thought of was taking Home & Away into account, but someone else can do that :rolleyes:

nice stats, but just to throw a spanner in the works we beat plymouth (top) away and drew with wycombe (bottom) at home! So we don't really play in accordance with the league positions.

Lets just start winning again. If we win all 10 games we'll go up! If we aim for that there's nothing much else we can do, maybe a bit of luck on our side would help too.

Come on City, get winning again.

Relax and enjoy, this is what we all wanted a couple of months ago, most were resigned to the play-off dogfight.

All three sides at the top (should that be 4 with Swindles game in hand or 5 with Luton's 2) can beat anyone on their day and lose away or draw at home with the strugglers on another day.

What will matter is who has the bigger nerve/bottle. This will be interesting.

Plymouth, depends on how the squad react to Sturrocks departure, they must feel very let down, however, if Soton had come in for any of them they would have been on their bikes too. So a bit of an unknown quantity.

City, Danny's laid back attitude can work either way. Certainly believe there is a lack of motivational skills, however, he may well have the players more relaxed than the other two and this could help.

QPR, OMG, Hollowhead, rant, rave, etc. May well have his players dancing on a trip wire. Can believe that their dressing room is full of players copying their boss, banging heads against brick walls etc. Should be fun but if the nerves get to any side then I'm expecting it to be them.

Look at these!!

City.................Swindon............... QPR..........................Plymouth

Swindon(A).....Plymouth(A)..........Plymouth(A)..............Swindon(H)

Plymouth(H)...City(H)...................Swindon(H)...............City(A)

QPR(H)...........QPR(A)...................City(A)......................QPR(H)

This is still anyones title. I'd say the top two spots are still open to all these teams.

Right, looking at our last ten games, we'll need to win the next two and try to establish a gap.

Using the current league position of the clubs as the degree of difficulty, we've the hardest by a country mile.

The lower the number, the more difficult

CITY......................PLY...................................QPR

H42........................74.....................................61

A43........................44.....................................49

T85........................118....................................110

It's not precise and I suppose the current form league would be a better guide, perhaps.

Factors like Sturrock leaving could have an effect, one way or the other.

All have five home, five away and I am assuming QPR's game in hand is Tranmere away and falls outside their last ten.

CITY

PLYMOUTH

QPR

No games are easy and and bottom clubs fighting for their life can be as difficult as someone just outside the play offs.

Some people say that clubs with nothing to play for are fatal because they just relax and play.

All in all, without stating the obvious, the next two games could see us much stronger or needing to win some big games.

Just thought I'd keep this near the top for a review.

In my view Automatic promotion is no longer possible and I still think we'll make the play offs, losing in the same way as we did last year.

At that point, Wilson should resign to give the new guy time to choose who he want's to keep for next year.

Unless we make some signings I won't be going for a week or two in order that I calm down and I think our season ticket sales will be below 5,000 next year.

This is a make or break season and today, we just broke. :D

We have 14 out of contract, we'll lose income in season tickets. Those that say 'wait' just don't see the fuller picture. We HAVE to win promotion this season or that'll be it - div 2 for years.

Reality bites and its time people relised the true facts - we MUST go up, at all costs.

Preaching to the converted mate...Tell that little twerp DW.

Preaching to the converted mate...Tell that little twerp DW.
Think we just blew it for a fifth year straight...still be positive, Hollowheads shower will probably still with us in this ###### division. :D

Guest swindonite
it would be nice if we made the play offs but i dont see that  this season :Rage:
Aren't you going a little overboard? 75 points looks like easily getting a team in the playoffs, surely you can pick up 10 more points from the rest of the season?

Due to the Tranmere game being postponed, we now have two "easy" home fixtures (mind you wasn't Wycombe suposed to be easy!)

Unless we get six points from these games I dont think will be going up in the Top 2.

The one consulation is that the other teams have shown that they are able to drop points as well.

Now is the time for DW and the team to show what they are made of.

We have 14 out of contract, we'll lose income in season tickets. Those that say 'wait' just don't see the fuller picture. We HAVE to win promotion this season or that'll be it - div 2 for years.

Reality bites and its time people relised the true facts - we MUST go up, at all costs.

s True, Steve Lansdowne said we would have to cut back if we didnt get promoted!!

Also people too easily forget Luton & Brighton to play in this here party. There is history between Luton and Plymuff, and QPR for them is a local ish derby. We gotta go there too. Brighton will wanna win at us too.

We have gotta get back on the winning trail, and stay there. DW, you know what to do- just ######* do it, no excuses, spin, waffle of bull######, just get the team out and win. This is about Citys future, not just yours, and the under-performers in your squad, its about BRISTOL CITY FC, and we the fans care what happens to it. Question is how many of you, and your squad actually do care? Its time for you all to shape up, and get promotion, now. You've had long enough to get it together. Just DO IT!

CITY

PLYMOUTH

QPR

BIG THREE UPDATE

THE RUN IN

CITY (10)

Tranmere, Port Vale, Swindon, Luton & Barnsley Away

PLYMOUTH (9) Home & Hosed...Almost

Wrex,Wycombe, QPR & Colchester Home

QPR (10)

Wycombe, Tranmere, City, Barnsley, Plymouth & Weds: Away

Luton, Grims, Stock, Swindon: Home

Our only hope now is to beat QPR at home and, looking at the other games, we'll probably need to win all of the home games to stand a chance.That, plus six out of fifteen points away could do it.

Possible but tall order. ;)

Archived