IGNORED

Tuesday Night

cider army on tour

just had first chance to get on the net since the dire performance on tuesday.

now don't get me wrong, i expected the winning run to end like every sane fan. but i never expected such a shocking performance home to bottom of the league. There was a distinct lack of character/bottle/guts whatever you want to call it throughout the team on tuesday. no one was willing to take responsibilty and play that final ball, have that shot. Instead we just passed it about all day with no final ball.

On another note wilson's post match comments beggar belief. Of course he has to support the team in public like all the top managers do without fail but you can admit a bad performance. I just hope he gave the players the rollocking of their lifes after the match and read the riot act about chucking it away. same old city.

anyway, heres to three points next saturday and i'll be there cheering the team on throughout the match next friday!

Come on city!

I'm not sure that the team deserves all the stick they have received this week! Yes it was a bad one - and i sometimes wonder what game DW was watchin given his post match comments!

I think a lot of what has been said by the fans this week is borne out of the fear factor of once again chucking all away for yet another season!

I'm trying to get some positive vibes from last season that after some perfomances similar to last Tues (home to stockport and colchester) we played some outstanding stuff against Oldham and Cardiff (League of course!) i.e when the so called "big games" came along!

Here's hoping!!

Guest dez_gimred

agree 100%...

tuesday night i took my whole family down the gate to see a goal fest with us thrashing a poor wycombe team...

i was looking forward to it even more as my mum is a 'wycombe fan' as she likes the 'cmon wycombe' chant..

to be honest it was embarrasing as city played total cr@p! she was laughin at how poor we were and now believes that is how we play all the time...of course she hasnt a clue about football..

we had the chance to capatalise on an awful wycombe team but we prob looked just as bad...

fair play to tommy for trying...saw him in the garage on the way home picking up a few bags of crisps (comfort eating?)...he didnt look too pleased!!

:rolleyes:

So are you saying that the players cannot mptivate themselves for anything other then big games? Or that Danny cannot motivate them so they do it themselves for the big games and simply expect to roll over lesser teams?

Just wondering as I cannot believe Danny has ever been to a motivation seminar in his life!

On another note wilson's post match comments beggar belief.  .....  I just hope he gave the players the rollocking of their lifes after the match .

I think it would be a mistake to assume that because Danny is supportive of the team in public he doesn't dish out a rollocking when it's deserved. I'm sure there were a fair few ears burning in that dressing room on Tuesday night.

So are you saying that the players cannot mptivate themselves for anything other then big games? Or that Danny cannot motivate them so they do it themselves for the big games and simply expect to roll over lesser teams?

Just wondering as I cannot believe Danny has ever been to a motivation seminar in his life!

I just wonder if you have just hit the nail on the head!! WE DO play better against the better teams and between ###### and indifferent gainst the lousy teams. Methinks we should look at this a bit more!!

I was sat in the Family Enclosure - did any else notice Tommy having a right rant session at Aaron Brown in the first half ?

You could here the F word several times !!!!

But saying that one of the Wycombe defenders was having a right old slanging match with one of their strikers through oout the first half.

It was almost more entertaining than the actual match !

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus
I think it would be a mistake to assume that because Danny is supportive of the team in public he doesn't dish out a rollocking when it's deserved. I'm sure there were  a fair few ears burning in that dressing room on Tuesday night.
Total agree if Danny comes out and says yes the players were ###### then eventually he will lose the players confidence and they will feel he is against them.

If the players feel they are backed by the manager it must make a difference to them and keep their confidence. Anyone watched the 'Carrott and the stick' on channel 4

Yea i saw Tommy have a go at aaron, i also saw Peacock give him a right bollocking as well, and Phillips had a right go at him at one point.

If the players obviously picked up on the fact that he had a complete mare then Danny must have.

A poor performance for sure but not for the reasons you state Chris.

It's an easy option to say it was a lack of bottle, guts etc and in this case a wrongt one too. They didn't play or gel well and Wycombe were desperate and organised enough to match them on the night. End of....

Guest carter

based on tuesday these are fact

city - on target 12 , off target 7 , scored 1

wycombe - on target 3 , off target 0 , scored 1

you tell me who better cus from where I'm standing on that basis we should be bottom and the chairboys second shouldn't they?

the match on tues was :Sleep12: (boring)

Archived