IGNORED

What Do You Really Want?

dezgimed

Decent enough performances against Bradford, Huddersfield, and some say Tranmere...0 points.

Cue plenty of here saying that a pretty performance means nothing in this league, points talk, nothing else.

You declare how you'd be happy with scraping 1-0 wins all season and going up that way, because thats all that matters..

So last night, we scrape a win. Play well enough in patches, certainly enough to beat a poor Orient side..

So thats 3 points. Points. A Result that moves us up to 7th, closer to the leaders..

But its not enough?!

We have some incredibly hipocritical people on this forum, because now the moan is about the performance, because it has to be Brazil-like every game, and 3 points mean nothing if its an eyesore on the pitch..

I don't think Gary Johnson can win really.

Personally the points matter the most, but I'm content with us losing a game if we do play well because sometimes you don't get what you deserve.

I don't care how shite the 2nd half was last night, because all I and all the other League 1 fans see when I look at the results and table, is a 2-1 win and 3 points.

Its that old half full or empty thing; now its win the next game and we could be in the play offs, before countless posts were saying ah but its only seven games. Reality is; there are only a few points at this stage of the season difference between play offs and the drop.

We have beaten probably the worst team in this div away from home and Tranmere were supposed to be "one of the better teams" but then they lose to Rotherham so how good are they.

At home we have won most but lost to Blackpool and badly, what happened to the six defenders there then. :shifty:

Hopefully we can get our first choice team out soon and keep them together as Chesterfield will provide a sterner test on Sat.

Falling home attendances will no doubt be reversed if we can get a couple more wins under our belts, hey may even make the trip south myself on Sat to see what I`ve been missing. :o

Oh and nearly forgot; see below

I was very pleased with the 3 points & didn't moan or boo at the game (except at the ref).

However, that is the first game I can remember in 30 years of supporting City where we played the whole of the 2nd half on the back foot, in our own half & trying to play the ball into the corners with 10 mins remaining.

I have read GJ's comments that he didn't instruct the team to play this way, but surely as manager he should have the necessary clout from the touchline to change things?

Archived