IGNORED

The Potteries

Kingswood Village

Hello All,

Can anyone recommend a nice area to stay in the potteries?

I am going to the game at port vale on 23rd of this month, but it is my wedding aniversary on the same weekend, so am looking to take the missus to a fancy hotel on the saturday night after the game,

Anyone know the area?

Cheers

CTID :city:

You have got be be Kidding. Have you ever been to Stoke? I've got family up there (on my wifes side) and I wouldn't want to stay there (and neither would my wife). Try taking a Tent, that would be considered posh in the potteries.

Damn it! - She doesnt know about the vale game yet! :whistle:

Perhaps there is somewhere within a half hour drive or so that is nice :dunno:

Damn it! - She doesnt know about the vale game yet! :whistle:

Perhaps there is somewhere within a half hour drive or so that is nice :dunno:

The Derbyshire Dales are surprisingly close to Staffordshire, and it's another world up there.

Put it this way, i've got a friend in Leek, near Stoke, and when we were holidaying in Derbyshire he was about 20 miles away. :)

I have been to The Chimney House, and I seem to remember it being quite nice (apparently teams stay there when playing the Alex). Also it literally a stone`s throw from J17 at Sandbach.

Sandbach itself is a nice little place (try the Wheatsheaf).

If you go further afield, Rowton Hall, in Rowton (just south of Chester), is very good.

If anyone is looking for a travel lodge style place to stay, (price wise) this is excellent, 20 mins drive from Port Vale ground down easy A roads, it's near Homes Capel / Sandbach so north of Stoke.

The restaurant and pub attached is first class and rooms from £40 per night.

Bears Head Vintage Inn

Been there several times, as I used to work in Holmes Chapel. On the A50 , just south of HC.

If you like keg beer :angry:

There are four or five better pubs in the town centre if you like proper beer. :wub::wub:

Actually I meant for a boozy night. Know what you mean about the beer though!

The Swan sells Robbie`s. Can`t remember names of other pubs (beware-I am sure one is a shirtlifters!).

Got really caned in Sandbach on a works do. Friday nights are pretty lively.

I have been to The Chimney House, and I seem to remember it being quite nice (apparently teams stay there when playing the Alex). Also it literally a stone`s throw from J17 at Sandbach.

Sandbach itself is a nice little place (try the Wheatsheaf).

If you go further afield, Rowton Hall, in Rowton (just south of Chester), is very good.

Real brownie points here - you could watch the City in the afternoon and have your anniversary meal sat next to the players in the evening!

Real brownie points here - you could watch the City in the afternoon and have your anniversary meal sat next to the players in the evening!

Brownie points? If it was my partner this would be a case for divorce. :rolleyes:

I would strongly advise against staying in the Potteries as I wouldn't even inflict this on a Gashead. As someone stated Sandbach is good as is Nantwich which can get quite lively of an evening.

Archived