IGNORED

Bookmark This Post

Chivs

Bookmark this post.

I said it before the season start and I'll say it now with even more conviction: We shall finish third and we shall be promoted through the playoffs.

Why do I think this? Basically we have the players capable of getting to third at least. One of our strengths is the depth of our squad. Phillips aside, we have good cover players for every position. Later in the season, with injuries, suspensions and heavy pitches this will prove invaluable.

We have performed well against good (Swindon, Sheff Wed, Plymouth) opposition and no one is breaking away from us despite a dismal start.

My only concern is Wilson who doesn't seem to know his Amaankwaah from his MBell. However, I've always believed that managers don't really have any effect on games. Once we start winning again the players will ignore him.

So, bookmark this post and throw it back in my face if I prove to be wrong. Just one thing: add a reply if you disagree with me cos come the end of the season there's going to be a reckoning :(

My only concern is Wilson who doesn't seem to know his Amaankwaah from his MBell.  However, I've always believed that managers don't really have any effect on games.  Once we start winning again the players will ignore him.

If managers have no effect on a game,

A) Why do we have them.

B ) do they not pick the side, determine how they play and make substuitions to alter the game.

C) Why are you concerned over Wilson if he has no bearing on the game.

I'm Confused !! :speechless3:

I believe we will finish in the play-offs but probably 5th or 6th. Until the last four games I still believed in auto.

We will lose the play-off semi-final because we can't cope with pressure.

Never usually a pessimist in fact when in Bristol I played cricket for Optimists, funny how 20 years knocks the stuffing out of you

If managers have no effect on a game,

A) Why do we have them.

B ) do they not pick the side, determine how they play and make substuitions to alter the game.

C) Why are you concerned over Wilson if he has no bearing on the game.

I'm Confused !! :speechless3:

I didn't express that very well. What I mean is that managers only get in the way.

One year Liverpool won the Championship with 14 players. How hard do you think the manager (Paisley?) had to work that year?

If you get a good nucleus of players (which we have) on the pitch then the manager doesn't really help at all, IMHO.

Archived