IGNORED

Students Going To Stockport

PhatWill

I see that Stockport are generously offering NO reduction for students on Saturday.

Well it was the same last season and I'd urge all students to do what I did - get in for an under 16.

Now I was 18 then, over 6 ft and had just been down the pub. All it takes is a bit of charm and confidence to blag it in for half the adult price.

Well worth it, good luck lads and lasses...

Guest comeonyoureds

i know its a joke not having student prices, unfortunately now being 21 makes it unlikely i'll get away with being 16, but worth a go!

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus
excuse me!
I said students should pay twice as much as they are a drain on soceity, never wash and like the levellers!!!

Guest comeonyoureds
I said students should pay twice as much as they are a drain on soceity, never wash and like the levellers!!!
i presume your speaking from your personal experience as a student!

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

Now thats a good one!  Um, what about all those old people around and those sat on their arses in front of bargain hunt all day?!

Oh, thats  me...

Quality

No never been a student.
Well then, you WOULDN'T know quite how much it costs to be a student and due to Tony B.liar's inept leadership, an ever-increasing amount for those who want to become students in the future. As a former student I can't quite believe the tripe that the powers-that-be feed us in terms of the "amazing" and "high-powered" jobs that we are supposed to walk into after graduating. Hasn't happened to me, or to any of my mates.

So please Mr Snuff explain how people who PAY for the priviledge to study, who now get jobs with earnings equable to those who didn't go to university and then have to pay back enormous debts "deserve" to pay twice as much to get into a match as those who haven't had that drain on their finances?

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

It was a choice I made as I didn't want to be in debt (surely this should be on another board by now). I was just having a laugh its nothing personal. But ask yourself how much of your debt you spend on 'drink' and it would probably make a difference. Anyway we all want the same thing come on u redzzzzzzzz

Shouldn't really get drawn in on this one but I can never help it when it comes to student debt.....

I get a £4,000 loan from the government. Of that, about £2,200 will go on rent. That leaves me a princely sum of £1,800 to live on for a year - food, transport, bills etc. So unfortunately, I don't have much money for beer, which is where your stereotype begins to fall apart.

And no, my mummy and daddy can't afford to bank roll me. I think the ones you keep meeting in pubs are the students with (ahem) more well-off parents.

So should we be getting concessions for football matches and entertainment in general? Hell yeah! :rolleyes:

p.s. not having a go at you directly Snuff, it's just an issue that winds me up all the time and I just have to let off steam once in a while :dunno:

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

No problem If i see you around I'll buy you a pint!! You can't miss me I'm a large purple dinoseur with long eyelashes

Shouldn't really get drawn in on this one but I can never help it when it comes to student debt.....

I get a £4,000 loan from the government. Of that, about £2,200 will go on rent. That leaves me a princely sum of £1,800 to live on for a year - food, transport, bills etc. So unfortunately, I don't have much money for beer, which is where your stereotype begins to fall apart.

And no, my mummy and daddy can't afford to bank roll me. I think the ones you keep meeting in pubs are the students with (ahem) more well-off parents.

So should we be getting concessions for football matches and entertainment in general? Hell yeah!  :rolleyes:

p.s. not having a go at you directly Snuff, it's just an issue that winds me up all the time and I just have to let off steam once in a while  :dunno:

mmm mmmm - same here only i pay a scandolous near £100 a week rent - but i work so i can have a sort of social life...

BEER!

Archived