IGNORED

Ultimate Prison Xi

DC Red

Given the current situation...I was just thinking about convicted footballers who are spending, or have spent time in prison, and came up with the following team (3-5-2 formation)...This team does not include those arrested, held and cleared or successfully appealed, suspended sentence or community service, only convicted and jailed.

-----------------------------------------Chilavert (2004)(Paraguay)---------------------------------------

-------Peter Storey (Various)-----------Tony Adams (1990)----------Terry Fenwick (1991)--------

---------------------------Jan Molby (1989)---------------Mickey Thomas (1993)-----------------------

-Jermaine Pennant (2005)------------George Best (1984)---------------------Graham Rix (1999)-

---------------------------Lee Hughes (2004)------------Duncan Ferguson (1995)--------------------

Subs:

Steve Brooker (2006)

Bradley Orr (2006)

Dave Partridge (2006)

That would be quite a team in my opinion...Interestingly, I don't think any of the City players would make the starting line-up!!!

Anyone think of any others, or any reason why any of these should not be included (i.e. cleared, suspended sentence, etc)?

Given the current situation...I was just thinking about convicted footballers who are spending, or have spent time in prison, and came up with the following team (3-5-2 formation)...This team does not include those arrested, held and cleared or successfully appealed, suspended sentence or community service, only convicted and jailed.

-----------------------------------------Chilavert (2004)(Paraguay)---------------------------------------

-------Peter Storey (Various)-----------Tony Adams (1990)----------Terry Fenwick (1991)--------

---------------------------Jan Molby (1989)---------------Mickey Thomas (1993)-----------------------

-Jermaine Pennant (2005)------------George Best (1984)---------------------Graham Rix (1999)-

---------------------------Lee Hughes (2004)------------Duncan Ferguson (1995)--------------------

Subs:

Steve Brooker (2006)

Bradley Orr (2006)

Dave Partridge (2006)

That would be quite a team in my opinion...Interestingly, I don't think any of the City players would make the starting line-up!!!

Anyone think of any others, or any reason why any of these should not be included (i.e. cleared, suspended sentence, etc)?

Ian Wright has done time too! He mentioned it on a TopGear repeat on UKGold today!

I wnt Vinnie Jones in there.

Unless you know otherwise, I can only find reference to Vinnie being jailed as an actor in the Football (soccer..) version of the Movie Mean Machine in 2002, where he played a jailed soccer star (Danny Meehan).

He was convicted of Air Rage a couple of years ago, but only received community service. That said, he'd provide some beef to a very flair-minded midfield...!!!

Former Colombian keeper Rene Higuita spent a few months in jail, though Chilavert would keep him out of the prison 1st team I reckon.

Maradona has a suspended sentence possibly hanging over him after the journalist air rifle incident a few years back, though can't imagine there are many judges in Argentina with the balls to send him to jail.

Quite a few of the Iraqi football team were locked up by Saddam's son Uday after losing certain matches - think they were tortured also.

Guest mesa boogie

Nikolai Starostin and Eduard Streltsov anyone? Both did time in Siberia for various non-reasons, Streltsov is still refered too as the 'Russian Pele' even though his golden years were spent in a gulag.

Edmundo's gotta be in there.

He caused three deaths in a 1995 crash.

He also got sent off 7 times in a season and got a chimp drunk at a party.

11 goals in 35 apps for Brazil.

According to Wikipedia, Edmundo was convicted and sentenced to imprisonment for the 1995 crash in which 3 people died, but did not serve any time for it...

Nikolai Starostin and Eduard Streltsov anyone? Both did time in Siberia for various non-reasons, Streltsov is still refered too as the 'Russian Pele' even though his golden years were spent in a gulag.

Impressive find...spending time in a Gulag or labor camp certainly qualifies...Starostin for Chairman I think, since he founded Spartak Moscow. What position did Streltsov play?

Guest mesa boogie

Impressive find...spending time in a Gulag or labor camp certainly qualifies...Starostin for Chairman I think, since he founded Spartak Moscow. What position did Streltsov play?

I would field a case for all 4 of the The Starostin brothers but Nikolai was by far the best of a good bunch. He captained his country in football & ice hockey! He was also the manager of Spartak at the same time! He could play anywhere aswell.

Streltsov played the majority of his football up front but often went to the wings or centre of midfield.

Bobby Moore did spend time in a cell in Colombia too? Does that count?

Bobby Moore did spend time in a cell in Colombia too? Does that count?

If you are thinking of the incident before the World Cup in 1970, I thought about that and had thought about him including him, but he was never tried or convicted and only briefly held.

Guest mesa boogie

If you are thinking of the incident before the World Cup in 1970, I thought about that and had thought about him including him, but he was never tried or convicted and only briefly held.

Fair enough. I would go for...

Jose Chilavert

Nikolai Korotkykh

Tony Adams

Terry Fenwick

Jan Molby

Mickey Thomas

Jermaine Pennant

George Best

Nikolai Starostin

Eduard Streltsov

Duncan Ferguson

Do we include the Dynamo Kyiv players who served time before being executed by the Nazi's (Nikolai Trusevich, Mikhail Sviridovskiy, Nikolai Korotkykh, Aleksey Klimenko, Fedor Tyutchev, Mikhail Putistin, Ivan Kuzmenko, Makar Goncharenko) and the three from Lokomotiv Kyiv (Vladimir Balakin, Vasiliy Sukharev and Mikhail Melnik)?

Maybe having Gary Charles in the squad aswell.

:cool:

Do we include the Dynamo Kyiv players who served time before being executed by the Nazi's (Nikolai Trusevich, Mikhail Sviridovskiy, Nikolai Korotkykh, Aleksey Klimenko, Fedor Tyutchev, Mikhail Putistin, Ivan Kuzmenko, Makar Goncharenko) and the three from Lokomotiv Kyiv (Vladimir Balakin, Vasiliy Sukharev and Mikhail Melnik)?

Камрад, вы знаете много о футболе советского союза :cool:

Yeah remember reading about the Russian guys in Football Against the Enemy (1 of the best football books ever written).

Think they were sent to Siberia by Beria, the head of the secret police, who ran Dynamo Moscow. However, Stalin's son, who hated Beria, got them realeased as he was a Spartak fan. Or something like that anyway. Interesting stuff.

Back to the prison XI, if Starostin couldn't make it as chairman, could go for the Blackpool chairman Owen Oyston who did time for rape a few years back.

Guest mesa boogie

Back to the prison XI, if Starostin couldn't make it as chairman, could go for the Blackpool chairman Owen Oyston who did time for rape a few years back.

Abramovic should be doing time, what about him?

Archived